‘Bring on London 2012!’ - Cundy honoured to be selected for fifth Paralympic Games
JODY Cundy spoke of his pride after he was selected to compete in his fifth Paralympic Games today.
The five-time gold medallist was this morning confirmed as one of the 18-strong para-cycling team for London 2012.
Cundy, from Walpole St Andrew, said: “I feel honoured to be selected for my fifth Paralympics which ultimately is going to be the most important and special as it is on home soil.
“I can’t wait to defend my Paralympic titles and race in front of a partisan crowd as part of the strongest team that ParalympicsGB has ever sent to a Paralympic Games.
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has supported me along the way and I look forward to your continued support. Bring on London!”
You may also want to watch:
Cundy will be joined by world champion Mark Colbourne and multi-gold medallists Sarah Storey, Darren Kenny and Aileen McGlynn in the squad.
The para-cycling team brought home 20 medals from Beijing to finish top of the sport’s medal table.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 5 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 6 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 9 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million