‘Bring on London 2012!’ - Cundy honoured to be selected for fifth Paralympic Games
JODY Cundy spoke of his pride after he was selected to compete in his fifth Paralympic Games today.
The five-time gold medallist was this morning confirmed as one of the 18-strong para-cycling team for London 2012.
Cundy, from Walpole St Andrew, said: “I feel honoured to be selected for my fifth Paralympics which ultimately is going to be the most important and special as it is on home soil.
“I can’t wait to defend my Paralympic titles and race in front of a partisan crowd as part of the strongest team that ParalympicsGB has ever sent to a Paralympic Games.
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has supported me along the way and I look forward to your continued support. Bring on London!”
You may also want to watch:
Cundy will be joined by world champion Mark Colbourne and multi-gold medallists Sarah Storey, Darren Kenny and Aileen McGlynn in the squad.
The para-cycling team brought home 20 medals from Beijing to finish top of the sport’s medal table.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit