‘Bring on London 2012!’ - Cundy honoured to be selected for fifth Paralympic Games
JODY Cundy spoke of his pride after he was selected to compete in his fifth Paralympic Games today.
The five-time gold medallist was this morning confirmed as one of the 18-strong para-cycling team for London 2012.
Cundy, from Walpole St Andrew, said: “I feel honoured to be selected for my fifth Paralympics which ultimately is going to be the most important and special as it is on home soil.
“I can’t wait to defend my Paralympic titles and race in front of a partisan crowd as part of the strongest team that ParalympicsGB has ever sent to a Paralympic Games.
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has supported me along the way and I look forward to your continued support. Bring on London!”
You may also want to watch:
Cundy will be joined by world champion Mark Colbourne and multi-gold medallists Sarah Storey, Darren Kenny and Aileen McGlynn in the squad.
The para-cycling team brought home 20 medals from Beijing to finish top of the sport’s medal table.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 8 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 9 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 10 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'