Budding boxers showcase their punching power at Ernie’s ABC’s home show
- Credit: Archant
Ernie’s Amateur Boxing Club talents put on top performances in front of their home crowd last weekend.
A handful of the Chatteris club’s young fighters stepped through the ropes against boxers from across the region at the Cromwell Leisure Centre.
More than 200 fans – including Dave ‘Boy’ Green - watched over the enthralling night of boxing that saw Ernie’s prospects Rocky Curtis, Taylor Cowdrey, Owen McVicar, Reece Lennon and Max Davies showcase their skills.
Curtis, 11, took on Sparta ABC’s Aiden Fitzpatrick in a skulls bout, while Cowdrey also faced Sparta-based opposition in the form of Thomas Nerus.
McVicar out-boxed Halstead BC’s Mitch Lawson to take the victory, and Lennon was also victorious in his bout with Whittlesey’s Rhys Pattenson.
Davies performed well in his bout with Norwich Lads’ Jack Hughes, but lost out on a split decision.
Ernie’s coach, Ernie Payne, said: “I was very pleased with all of my boxers. They all worked hard in the gym ready for the home show.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 3 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 4 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 7 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 8 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 9 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
“Special thanks goes to Dave ‘Boy’ Green and all who sponsored the bouts and everyone who attended. Thanks also to Barry Lennon for all his hard work.”