Budding boxers showcase their punching power at Ernie’s ABC’s home show
- Credit: Archant
Ernie’s Amateur Boxing Club talents put on top performances in front of their home crowd last weekend.
A handful of the Chatteris club’s young fighters stepped through the ropes against boxers from across the region at the Cromwell Leisure Centre.
More than 200 fans – including Dave ‘Boy’ Green - watched over the enthralling night of boxing that saw Ernie’s prospects Rocky Curtis, Taylor Cowdrey, Owen McVicar, Reece Lennon and Max Davies showcase their skills.
Curtis, 11, took on Sparta ABC’s Aiden Fitzpatrick in a skulls bout, while Cowdrey also faced Sparta-based opposition in the form of Thomas Nerus.
McVicar out-boxed Halstead BC’s Mitch Lawson to take the victory, and Lennon was also victorious in his bout with Whittlesey’s Rhys Pattenson.
You may also want to watch:
Davies performed well in his bout with Norwich Lads’ Jack Hughes, but lost out on a split decision.
Ernie’s coach, Ernie Payne, said: “I was very pleased with all of my boxers. They all worked hard in the gym ready for the home show.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 8 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 9 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 10 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
“Special thanks goes to Dave ‘Boy’ Green and all who sponsored the bouts and everyone who attended. Thanks also to Barry Lennon for all his hard work.”