Budding Fenland referees make first steps on path to Premier League
- Credit: Archant
NINETEEN budding young referees took their first steps towards officiating at the highest level by attending and passing a three-day FA Basic Referee Course at Whittlesey Juniors FC.
All 19 candidates passed the written examination and will start refereeing matches at junior level to gain the full qualification.
Referees development manager Alan Young said: “I am delighted that so many people wanted to take up the whistle and that the majority came from the Whittlesey and March area.
“The course was a tremendous success and thanks must go to Whittlesey Juniors Football Club for their outstanding hospitality.”
The course was organised by Cambridgeshire FA, who will host another course for those aged 14 upwards at their headquarters, Bridge Road, Impington, Cambridge, on October 29-31 from 9-4pm.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call Alan Young on 01223 209026 or go to www.cambridgeshirefa.com
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre