Budding Fenland referees make first steps on path to Premier League
- Credit: Archant
NINETEEN budding young referees took their first steps towards officiating at the highest level by attending and passing a three-day FA Basic Referee Course at Whittlesey Juniors FC.
All 19 candidates passed the written examination and will start refereeing matches at junior level to gain the full qualification.
Referees development manager Alan Young said: “I am delighted that so many people wanted to take up the whistle and that the majority came from the Whittlesey and March area.
“The course was a tremendous success and thanks must go to Whittlesey Juniors Football Club for their outstanding hospitality.”
The course was organised by Cambridgeshire FA, who will host another course for those aged 14 upwards at their headquarters, Bridge Road, Impington, Cambridge, on October 29-31 from 9-4pm.
For more information call Alan Young on 01223 209026 or go to www.cambridgeshirefa.com
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 10 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack