By Joe! Armitage hits five
MARCH Reserves striker Joe Armitage has made a strong case for a first-team call up after hitting the net five times on Saturday. The goals came in an 8-1 home win over Bottisham Sports Reserves that moves March Reserves four points clear at the top of t
MARCH Reserves' striker Joe Armitage has made a strong case for a first-team call up after hitting the net five times on Saturday.
The goals came in an 8-1 home win over Bottisham Sports Reserves that moves March Reserves four points clear at the top of the BIS Division 1B.
Meanwhile, the miss-firing first team are still looking for their first win of 2008.
They are fourth bottom of the Ridgeons First Division having won just four of their 28 league games.
You may also want to watch:
March lost 2-0 away to Debenham LC on Saturday.
The hosts scored a penalty after a striker appeared to go down easily from a Neil Walker challenge.
- 1 Rail travel in the Fens is going to be much nicer
- 2 Police accuse Wisbech mayor and pub landlord of 'insulting disregard' to licensing objectives
- 3 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 4 Two cars – including Range Rover – stolen overnight in keyless thefts
- 5 'We can't stand still' - co-chairman on taking Whittlesey to next level
- 6 Nine years jail for paedophile who 'manipulated and exploited' teenage girls
- 7 Motorist escapes serious injury after Sixteen Foot Bank crash
- 8 Man hospitalised with serious injuries after industrial accident
- 9 Jail for sex offender who went abroad and missed his appointments
- 10 Drunk and disorderly man ‘ashamed and embarrassed’ after arrest
March substitute Mark Newton hit the post with a header in the 80th minute but a quick breakaway saw the home side double their lead and secure the three points.
The Hares face Stowmarket away tomorrow afternoon and Downham Town away on Tuesday night.
The March squad could be boosted by the return of Marc Welcher, Andy Wayte and Chris Huthcraft who have all been back in training this week after recovering from injuries.