Callum Reed quits Wisbech Town after Appleby refuses to ‘guarantee him football’
MIDFIELD star Callum Reed has left Wisbech Town after manager Steve Appleby refused to guarantee him first team football.
The 23-year-old held talks with Appleby over the weekend after returning from a two-week holiday. The Wisbech boss had previously left him out of the Fenmen side that beat Haverhill Rovers 3-0.
Appleby said: “Callum wanted guaranteed football and he wasn’t happy because I left him out at Haverhill before his two-week holiday.
“I’ve given him more than enough chances.”
Reed starred for Wisbech after signing from Evo-Stick League side Stamford in November, 2010.
You may also want to watch:
He helped them lift the Ridgeons League Cup in May last year - scoring four goals in the semi-final and bagging the winner from the penalty spot in the final.
Reed stunned the Fenmen by defecting to King’s Lynn Town after the cup win - but he returned to the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium without playing a competitive game for Wisbech’s fierce rivals.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Man who died in road crash is named
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
The midfielder missed the conclusion of last season, while he cared for his mother who had fallen ill.