Callum Reed quits Wisbech Town after Appleby refuses to ‘guarantee him football’
MIDFIELD star Callum Reed has left Wisbech Town after manager Steve Appleby refused to guarantee him first team football.
The 23-year-old held talks with Appleby over the weekend after returning from a two-week holiday. The Wisbech boss had previously left him out of the Fenmen side that beat Haverhill Rovers 3-0.
Appleby said: “Callum wanted guaranteed football and he wasn’t happy because I left him out at Haverhill before his two-week holiday.
“I’ve given him more than enough chances.”
Reed starred for Wisbech after signing from Evo-Stick League side Stamford in November, 2010.
He helped them lift the Ridgeons League Cup in May last year - scoring four goals in the semi-final and bagging the winner from the penalty spot in the final.
Reed stunned the Fenmen by defecting to King’s Lynn Town after the cup win - but he returned to the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium without playing a competitive game for Wisbech’s fierce rivals.
- 1 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 5 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 6 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 7 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 8 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 9 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 10 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
The midfielder missed the conclusion of last season, while he cared for his mother who had fallen ill.