Callum Reed quits Wisbech Town after Appleby refuses to ‘guarantee him football’
MIDFIELD star Callum Reed has left Wisbech Town after manager Steve Appleby refused to guarantee him first team football.
The 23-year-old held talks with Appleby over the weekend after returning from a two-week holiday. The Wisbech boss had previously left him out of the Fenmen side that beat Haverhill Rovers 3-0.
Appleby said: “Callum wanted guaranteed football and he wasn’t happy because I left him out at Haverhill before his two-week holiday.
“I’ve given him more than enough chances.”
Reed starred for Wisbech after signing from Evo-Stick League side Stamford in November, 2010.
You may also want to watch:
He helped them lift the Ridgeons League Cup in May last year - scoring four goals in the semi-final and bagging the winner from the penalty spot in the final.
Reed stunned the Fenmen by defecting to King’s Lynn Town after the cup win - but he returned to the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium without playing a competitive game for Wisbech’s fierce rivals.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 6 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 7 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 10 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
The midfielder missed the conclusion of last season, while he cared for his mother who had fallen ill.