Cambridgeshire darts team pull clear of drop zone by smashing Surrey at March USC
CAMBRIDGESHIRE darts team returned to winning ways by thumping Surrey at March United Services Club at the weekend.
A man-of-the-match performance from BDO World Champion Martin Adams helped the Mens ‘A’ team secure a 6-6 draw, which meant Cambridgeshire triumphed 24-15 overall.
The Ladies ‘A’ and ‘B’ teams both cruised to 4-2 victories, while the Mens ‘B’ team were thankful for commanding performances from Pete Fuller, Dan Whitlam and Garry Kilpatrick who helped propel them to a 7-5 win.
The result sees Cambridgeshire climb to fifth in the Premier Division table - 40 points clear of the relegation zone.
• DARTS players still have time to enter a celebrity knockout challenge - which could see them join professional Steve Beaton on the oche.
The contest, held at the community centre in Wisbech St Mary, has five more challenges to go before the finals night with Beaton.
The knockouts are held in the Station Bar of the centre and anyone interested should contact 01945 410274 for more information.
- 1 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 5 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 6 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 7 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 8 Man charged following Peterborough murder
- 9 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 10 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
The finals night will be held on April 2, where Beaton will challenge the knockout winners. To purchase tickets - at a cost of �3 - visit the centre or call them on 01945 410432 or 01945 410462.