Cambridgeshire darts team pull clear of drop zone by smashing Surrey at March USC
CAMBRIDGESHIRE darts team returned to winning ways by thumping Surrey at March United Services Club at the weekend.
A man-of-the-match performance from BDO World Champion Martin Adams helped the Mens ‘A’ team secure a 6-6 draw, which meant Cambridgeshire triumphed 24-15 overall.
The Ladies ‘A’ and ‘B’ teams both cruised to 4-2 victories, while the Mens ‘B’ team were thankful for commanding performances from Pete Fuller, Dan Whitlam and Garry Kilpatrick who helped propel them to a 7-5 win.
The result sees Cambridgeshire climb to fifth in the Premier Division table - 40 points clear of the relegation zone.
• DARTS players still have time to enter a celebrity knockout challenge - which could see them join professional Steve Beaton on the oche.
You may also want to watch:
The contest, held at the community centre in Wisbech St Mary, has five more challenges to go before the finals night with Beaton.
The knockouts are held in the Station Bar of the centre and anyone interested should contact 01945 410274 for more information.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
The finals night will be held on April 2, where Beaton will challenge the knockout winners. To purchase tickets - at a cost of �3 - visit the centre or call them on 01945 410432 or 01945 410462.