Cambridgeshire darts team pull clear of drop zone by smashing Surrey at March USC
CAMBRIDGESHIRE darts team returned to winning ways by thumping Surrey at March United Services Club at the weekend.
A man-of-the-match performance from BDO World Champion Martin Adams helped the Mens ‘A’ team secure a 6-6 draw, which meant Cambridgeshire triumphed 24-15 overall.
The Ladies ‘A’ and ‘B’ teams both cruised to 4-2 victories, while the Mens ‘B’ team were thankful for commanding performances from Pete Fuller, Dan Whitlam and Garry Kilpatrick who helped propel them to a 7-5 win.
The result sees Cambridgeshire climb to fifth in the Premier Division table - 40 points clear of the relegation zone.
• DARTS players still have time to enter a celebrity knockout challenge - which could see them join professional Steve Beaton on the oche.
The contest, held at the community centre in Wisbech St Mary, has five more challenges to go before the finals night with Beaton.
The knockouts are held in the Station Bar of the centre and anyone interested should contact 01945 410274 for more information.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
The finals night will be held on April 2, where Beaton will challenge the knockout winners. To purchase tickets - at a cost of �3 - visit the centre or call them on 01945 410432 or 01945 410462.