Cambridgeshire darts team pull clear of drop zone by smashing Surrey at March USC
CAMBRIDGESHIRE darts team returned to winning ways by thumping Surrey at March United Services Club at the weekend.
A man-of-the-match performance from BDO World Champion Martin Adams helped the Mens ‘A’ team secure a 6-6 draw, which meant Cambridgeshire triumphed 24-15 overall.
The Ladies ‘A’ and ‘B’ teams both cruised to 4-2 victories, while the Mens ‘B’ team were thankful for commanding performances from Pete Fuller, Dan Whitlam and Garry Kilpatrick who helped propel them to a 7-5 win.
The result sees Cambridgeshire climb to fifth in the Premier Division table - 40 points clear of the relegation zone.
• DARTS players still have time to enter a celebrity knockout challenge - which could see them join professional Steve Beaton on the oche.
You may also want to watch:
The contest, held at the community centre in Wisbech St Mary, has five more challenges to go before the finals night with Beaton.
The knockouts are held in the Station Bar of the centre and anyone interested should contact 01945 410274 for more information.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 4 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
The finals night will be held on April 2, where Beaton will challenge the knockout winners. To purchase tickets - at a cost of �3 - visit the centre or call them on 01945 410432 or 01945 410462.