Cambs darts star beats England international as his side lose 26-13 to Yorkshire
CAMBRIDGESHIRE darts star Steve Roberts beat England international Scott Waites in a thrilling match as Cambs lost 26-13 to Yorkshire in the Rileys British Inter-County Darts Premier Division.
Roberts, from Wisbech, was nearly on the end of only the second ever nine-dart leg in 40 years of county competition but replied with 155 on his final three throws to snatch an unlikely victory at March United Services Club.
He went on to win the encounter and claimed his second consecutive man of the match award as a result.
Roberts also received a �700 cheque from Peter Melton, chairman of Cambridgeshire Darts Organisation, for recording the highest average of 32.85 during September’s Premier Division matches.
The Ladies’ A and B teams secured three-all draws but the Men’s A team lost 8-4 while the B team slumped to a 9-3 defeat as Yorkshire clinched the match comfortably.
You may also want to watch:
Cambs now sit fourth in the Premier Division after the defeat to second placed Yorkshire.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 7 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 8 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90