Cambs darts star beats England international as his side lose 26-13 to Yorkshire
CAMBRIDGESHIRE darts star Steve Roberts beat England international Scott Waites in a thrilling match as Cambs lost 26-13 to Yorkshire in the Rileys British Inter-County Darts Premier Division.
Roberts, from Wisbech, was nearly on the end of only the second ever nine-dart leg in 40 years of county competition but replied with 155 on his final three throws to snatch an unlikely victory at March United Services Club.
He went on to win the encounter and claimed his second consecutive man of the match award as a result.
Roberts also received a �700 cheque from Peter Melton, chairman of Cambridgeshire Darts Organisation, for recording the highest average of 32.85 during September’s Premier Division matches.
The Ladies’ A and B teams secured three-all draws but the Men’s A team lost 8-4 while the B team slumped to a 9-3 defeat as Yorkshire clinched the match comfortably.
Cambs now sit fourth in the Premier Division after the defeat to second placed Yorkshire.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing