Cambs darts star beats England international as his side lose 26-13 to Yorkshire
CAMBRIDGESHIRE darts star Steve Roberts beat England international Scott Waites in a thrilling match as Cambs lost 26-13 to Yorkshire in the Rileys British Inter-County Darts Premier Division.
Roberts, from Wisbech, was nearly on the end of only the second ever nine-dart leg in 40 years of county competition but replied with 155 on his final three throws to snatch an unlikely victory at March United Services Club.
He went on to win the encounter and claimed his second consecutive man of the match award as a result.
Roberts also received a �700 cheque from Peter Melton, chairman of Cambridgeshire Darts Organisation, for recording the highest average of 32.85 during September’s Premier Division matches.
The Ladies’ A and B teams secured three-all draws but the Men’s A team lost 8-4 while the B team slumped to a 9-3 defeat as Yorkshire clinched the match comfortably.
You may also want to watch:
Cambs now sit fourth in the Premier Division after the defeat to second placed Yorkshire.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 4 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years