Cambs darts star beats England international as his side lose 26-13 to Yorkshire
CAMBRIDGESHIRE darts star Steve Roberts beat England international Scott Waites in a thrilling match as Cambs lost 26-13 to Yorkshire in the Rileys British Inter-County Darts Premier Division.
Roberts, from Wisbech, was nearly on the end of only the second ever nine-dart leg in 40 years of county competition but replied with 155 on his final three throws to snatch an unlikely victory at March United Services Club.
He went on to win the encounter and claimed his second consecutive man of the match award as a result.
Roberts also received a �700 cheque from Peter Melton, chairman of Cambridgeshire Darts Organisation, for recording the highest average of 32.85 during September’s Premier Division matches.
The Ladies’ A and B teams secured three-all draws but the Men’s A team lost 8-4 while the B team slumped to a 9-3 defeat as Yorkshire clinched the match comfortably.
You may also want to watch:
Cambs now sit fourth in the Premier Division after the defeat to second placed Yorkshire.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title