Canoeing: Warren records best result of year
MARCH slalom canoeist Warren Pettit faced his toughest Premier League challenge of the season at the weekend but still recorded his best result of the year. In the first of two summer races, Pettit, 25, competed on the hugely technical course at the Natio
MARCH slalom canoeist Warren Pettit faced his toughest Premier League challenge of the season at the weekend but still recorded his best result of the year.
In the first of two summer races, Pettit, 25, competed on the hugely technical course at the National Watersport Centre, in Nottingham.
In bright sunny conditions,he played it safe on his first run but incurred only one penalty, which put him in the top half of the 49-strong field.
His second run was more attacking and Pettit finished the course two seconds ahead of his first attempt.
You may also want to watch:
The course took its toll on the racers and several of the finest canoeists in the country picked up penalties.
However, Pettit's excellent performance and only a couple of time penalties resulted in him finishing 33rd.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
His best finish of the season has pushed him up to a provisional position of 43rd in the national rankings.
And the result will give Pettit considerable confidence going in to this weekend's races in North Wales.