Canoeing: Warren records best result of year
MARCH slalom canoeist Warren Pettit faced his toughest Premier League challenge of the season at the weekend but still recorded his best result of the year. In the first of two summer races, Pettit, 25, competed on the hugely technical course at the Natio
MARCH slalom canoeist Warren Pettit faced his toughest Premier League challenge of the season at the weekend but still recorded his best result of the year.
In the first of two summer races, Pettit, 25, competed on the hugely technical course at the National Watersport Centre, in Nottingham.
In bright sunny conditions,he played it safe on his first run but incurred only one penalty, which put him in the top half of the 49-strong field.
His second run was more attacking and Pettit finished the course two seconds ahead of his first attempt.
The course took its toll on the racers and several of the finest canoeists in the country picked up penalties.
However, Pettit's excellent performance and only a couple of time penalties resulted in him finishing 33rd.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 3 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 4 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 5 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 6 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 7 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 8 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 9 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 10 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
His best finish of the season has pushed him up to a provisional position of 43rd in the national rankings.
And the result will give Pettit considerable confidence going in to this weekend's races in North Wales.