Champion Gill dismisses another challenger as Fenland’s boxers show their talent
CLUBS for Young People (CYP) British Champion Jordan Gill left another opponent helpless at the weekend as the Chatteris fighter continued his dominant form.
Gill took on Tommy Martin from St Ives ABC in an awe-inspiring affair, with both fighters delivering lightning-quick combinations that would likely have felled any lesser opponent.
Gill was the more ambitious of the two fighters, preferring to launch his attacks on the front foot while Martin bided his time, countering once his opponent had committed.
Although Martin’s style paid dividends in the first round, Gill quickly adapted, launching a series of fearsome volleys that had the crowd on their feet.
The Chatteris fighter continued his hard-hitting in the third round with some crunching right hands and was awarded the majority decision.
You may also want to watch:
Fighters from March ABC were also in action last Thursday at the Doncaster Plant ABC Open Show.
Charlie Stevens looked in good shape against Conor Seery - winning with a knockout in the second round to earn his second victory in a week. Danny Hedges struggled to recover from a slow first round and was beaten by Reese Mould on a majority decision.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
Two of March’s talented youngsters put in brave showings in the quarter-finals of the Schoolboy Championships in Norwich on Saturday.
Cole Stevens, 12, battled hard but was beaten by Robert Beck from Repton ABC. Ambrose Draper, 15, was unlucky in a narrow defeat to Bradley Barclay from Romford ABC.