Chance to reward sporting talent as Fenland Sports Stars of the Future prepares for launch
THE hunt will soon be on for Fenland’s brightest sporting talent as a campaign to find the stars of the future prepares to launch.
The Fenland Sports Stars of the Future campaign will search for the most talented young athletes in the district, aiming to leave a lasting legacy from the London 2012 Olympics. Applications will open later this month.
The lucky winners will receive free use of all Fenland District Council leisure and sports facilities to help them develop their skills.
The winners’ achievements will also be covered in The Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard as a way of supporting their careers.
Applicants must be aged 14-18 and should be affiliated to a professional club or have played at a regional or national level. Written evidence from the club or sports body may need to be produced.
You may also want to watch:
We want to hear from those who have achieved success in a variety of sports, from footballing prodigies to Olympic hopefuls. If you’ve represented Fenland on the sporting stage, then now is your time to be rewarded.
Applications will open when the campaign is officially launched on February 21. For more information visit: www.fenland.gov.uk/sportstars
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer