Chance to reward sporting talent as Fenland Sports Stars of the Future prepares for launch
THE hunt will soon be on for Fenland’s brightest sporting talent as a campaign to find the stars of the future prepares to launch.
The Fenland Sports Stars of the Future campaign will search for the most talented young athletes in the district, aiming to leave a lasting legacy from the London 2012 Olympics. Applications will open later this month.
The lucky winners will receive free use of all Fenland District Council leisure and sports facilities to help them develop their skills.
The winners’ achievements will also be covered in The Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard as a way of supporting their careers.
Applicants must be aged 14-18 and should be affiliated to a professional club or have played at a regional or national level. Written evidence from the club or sports body may need to be produced.
We want to hear from those who have achieved success in a variety of sports, from footballing prodigies to Olympic hopefuls. If you’ve represented Fenland on the sporting stage, then now is your time to be rewarded.
Applications will open when the campaign is officially launched on February 21. For more information visit: www.fenland.gov.uk/sportstars
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Church gets set for annual Christmas tree festival