Chance to reward sporting talent as Fenland Sports Stars of the Future prepares for launch
THE hunt will soon be on for Fenland’s brightest sporting talent as a campaign to find the stars of the future prepares to launch.
The Fenland Sports Stars of the Future campaign will search for the most talented young athletes in the district, aiming to leave a lasting legacy from the London 2012 Olympics. Applications will open later this month.
The lucky winners will receive free use of all Fenland District Council leisure and sports facilities to help them develop their skills.
The winners’ achievements will also be covered in The Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard as a way of supporting their careers.
Applicants must be aged 14-18 and should be affiliated to a professional club or have played at a regional or national level. Written evidence from the club or sports body may need to be produced.
You may also want to watch:
We want to hear from those who have achieved success in a variety of sports, from footballing prodigies to Olympic hopefuls. If you’ve represented Fenland on the sporting stage, then now is your time to be rewarded.
Applications will open when the campaign is officially launched on February 21. For more information visit: www.fenland.gov.uk/sportstars
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream