Charity cricket match to mark 100 years of Neale-Wade Association
- Credit: Archant
A charity cricket match to mark 100 years of the Neale-Wade Association will take place next month.
The historic event will see members of the group take on Marylebone Cricket Club in aid of Scotty's Little Soldiers.
The charity was set up by Nikki Scott in memory of her husband and former Neale-Wade student Corporal Lee Scott.
He lost his life while serving in the forces in Afghanistan a decade ago.
The charity offers support to bereaved forces children in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
In 1919 a group of March Grammar School Old Boys organised a cricket match against the school and masters in order to raise funds for a memorial in memory of those who died in the First World War.
Each year since then the 'old boys' and their descendants have held a re-union dinner.
- 1 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 2 Long-serving work couple leaving Fens for Nigeria to build care home
- 3 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 6 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 7 Primary school joins laureate's £100m-a-year bid to boost libraries
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely
- 10 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
The match will start at 11.30am and end at 6.30pm on June 28.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website www.nealewade.org
March Town Cricket Club will also be holding walking cricket sessions for anyone interested in taking part on Thursday's from 10 to 11am at Burrowmoor Road.
It will cost £2 per person and anyone interested should email Lbremner@fenland.gov.uk
All Stars Cricket for children will run at The Pavilion from 10am to 11am from this Sunday (May 19) until July 7.
Contact email@example.com or register at www.allstarscricket.co.uk