Charity cricket match to mark 100 years of Neale-Wade Association
- Credit: Archant
A charity cricket match to mark 100 years of the Neale-Wade Association will take place next month.
The historic event will see members of the group take on Marylebone Cricket Club in aid of Scotty's Little Soldiers.
The charity was set up by Nikki Scott in memory of her husband and former Neale-Wade student Corporal Lee Scott.
He lost his life while serving in the forces in Afghanistan a decade ago.
The charity offers support to bereaved forces children in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
In 1919 a group of March Grammar School Old Boys organised a cricket match against the school and masters in order to raise funds for a memorial in memory of those who died in the First World War.
Each year since then the 'old boys' and their descendants have held a re-union dinner.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 5 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 6 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 9 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 10 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
The match will start at 11.30am and end at 6.30pm on June 28.
For more information email email@example.com or visit the website www.nealewade.org
March Town Cricket Club will also be holding walking cricket sessions for anyone interested in taking part on Thursday's from 10 to 11am at Burrowmoor Road.
It will cost £2 per person and anyone interested should email Lbremner@fenland.gov.uk
All Stars Cricket for children will run at The Pavilion from 10am to 11am from this Sunday (May 19) until July 7.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or register at www.allstarscricket.co.uk