Chatteris Amateur Boxing Club’s stars taste glory as they continue preparations for their club’s big show
CHATTERIS Amateur Boxing Club’s young stars continued their preparations for their club’s big event next month with successful bouts across the country last weekend.
Jordan Gill, 16, beat Tommy Beaney in the national Clubs for Young People (CYP) quarter final at Brentwood Leisure Centre in Essex on Sunday.
Gill won a close contest 14-11 to beat the West Ham boxer who had only lost one fight before the encounter and has been crowned national Golden Gloves Champion three times.
The teenager, who trained at Ricky Hatton’s gym this summer, now travels to Wales this weekend to face reigning CYP champion Michael Ballingall, in the semi final.
Richard Calaunan also tasted victory this weekend as he beat Sam Gilley at the Haddenham Open Show, near Ely, on Saturday night.
You may also want to watch:
The 17-year-old won on a majority decision but 11-year-old hot prospect Dean Baxter was unlucky to lose, also on a majority verdict, against Harry Bailey from Southend.
Tickets are still available for the Chatteris ABC show on November 13 at Cromwell Community College.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
Contact Matty Payne, on 01354 693630, for tickets to see the event billed as “Fenland’s Finest v Staffordshire’s Best”.