Chatteris boss Unwin refuses to dwell on cup exit
LILLIES’ boss Jimmy Unwin is refusing to dwell on Saturday’s 2-1 Kershaw Premier League Cup home defeat to Littleport Town.
Chatteris got knocked out of the cup in the first round despite Jon Brierly’s goal yet have began life in the top-flight of the Cambs County League excellently and can go top if they win their two games in hand.
Unwin said: “I was more disappointed with the performance than the result and the players know that too.
“It seemed like a few of the lads didn’t take it as seriously as they have been in the league games but I can’t complain too much.
“We can continue to focus on the league for a while, which is our main priority, and we’ve got a couple of other cups we’ll be playing in anyway so we can hope for a run in those.”
You may also want to watch:
Following three wins on the bounce the 32-year-old admitted a week without a fixture, after the league match with Histon A was postponed on September 4, cost his side dearly.
“When you are on a good run you want to play every week and the break didn’t help us at all,” he said.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
“It affected our momentum and the players were a bit lethargic and rusty as a result.
“I’m really pleased with our great start in the league but I’m not surprised. We deserve to be at this level and hope that our good form continues.”
The Lillies travel to 11th-placed West Wratting on Saturday before hosting Eaton Socon on Tuesday night at West Street.