Chatteris boxer Gill ready to dish out some serious “punishment” when he fights again on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Jordan Gill says whoever is pitted against him in the ring on Saturday can expect some serious “punishment”.
The Chatteris boxer will look to extend his perfect professional record to 11 wins when he competes for the first time since May in Sheffield.
The 20 year old intends to put on a show for his army of travelling fans.
He said: “I’m feeling really good, really positive going into the fight. I’m going to put on a wicked show. I’ve got six rounds to play with and I’m looking forward to displaying my skills.
“I’ve sold a lot of tickets and it will be a good night for everyone.
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t even know who I’m fighting yet but whoever it is is going to get a lot of punishment.”
Gill could not be more prepared for his bout - he has been the main sparring partner of European and Commonwealth super bantamweight champion Kid Galahad (17-0), who is headlining the show against unbeaten Brazilian Adeilson Dos Santos.
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 7 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
Last Friday, he did six rounds with leading amateur boxer Gamal Yafai, who is recognised as one of Britain’s best young prospects.
Gill said: “With the calibre of fighter I’ve been sparring with, people are going to see a big difference in me on Saturday night.”