Chatteris boxer Gill ready to dish out some serious “punishment” when he fights again on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Jordan Gill says whoever is pitted against him in the ring on Saturday can expect some serious “punishment”.
The Chatteris boxer will look to extend his perfect professional record to 11 wins when he competes for the first time since May in Sheffield.
The 20 year old intends to put on a show for his army of travelling fans.
He said: “I’m feeling really good, really positive going into the fight. I’m going to put on a wicked show. I’ve got six rounds to play with and I’m looking forward to displaying my skills.
“I’ve sold a lot of tickets and it will be a good night for everyone.
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t even know who I’m fighting yet but whoever it is is going to get a lot of punishment.”
Gill could not be more prepared for his bout - he has been the main sparring partner of European and Commonwealth super bantamweight champion Kid Galahad (17-0), who is headlining the show against unbeaten Brazilian Adeilson Dos Santos.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 6 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 7 Man jailed for abusive rampage against ex-partner
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
Last Friday, he did six rounds with leading amateur boxer Gamal Yafai, who is recognised as one of Britain’s best young prospects.
Gill said: “With the calibre of fighter I’ve been sparring with, people are going to see a big difference in me on Saturday night.”