Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill has his sights set on a British featherweight title
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Boxer Jordan Gill is just one fight away from securing a British featherweight title fight as he continues to climb to boxing ladder.
The unbeaten boxer faces Jason Cunningham in an eliminator for the British belt on the JDNXTGEN show, at Victoria Warehouse, on Sunday February 25.
The fight will be shown live on Sky Sports and the 23-year-old has some of boxing’s biggest names in his sights.
“I am ecstatic about the fight, I can’t wait,” Gill told the Cambs Times.
“This year I’m looking at all the top guys in Britain and this is a huge opportunity for me, it is going to be a real special night for me.
You may also want to watch:
“It shows just how far I have come but I still need to keep working hard to achieve what I want to.
I want to be fighting regularly and I want to be in big fights, that’s what every boxer goes into the sport for.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 4 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 5 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 6 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 7 Man who died in road crash is named
- 8 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 9 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 10 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
“Dave (Gill) my coach has played a huge part in this, we work really well together and we are smashing the preparation for the fight.
“I am going to go into to the fight in great shape and am feeling good about it.
“It is great opportunity for me to keep pushing on and secure some more big fights and I want to make the most of it.”
He said: “It would be great to have some local fans travel up for the fight, the support has been unbelievable and makes a real difference.
“We have got a coach running so if people could come along and get behind me that would be great.”
Victory for Gill over the former Commonwealth champion will put him in line to face the winner when Ryan Walsh defends the Lord Lonsdale belt against Isaac Lowe on February 17.
• Gill’s clash with Cunningham is part of a busy night of action and tickets for the right are priced at £40 and available from the Gills on 01354 695211 or 07415 618602. There is also return coach travel available from Chatteris courtesy of C&G Coaches and George Munns and Gill would be delighted to have some local support behind him on the night.