Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill ready for big 2014
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill has high hopes for 2014, with potential title bouts looming.
The 19 year-old, who is unbeaten in eight fights, is in line for a Masters title bout in February.
Gill, who has been training hard over the Christmas period, says he is proud of what is he has accomplished in the past year but there was a lot more to come.
He said: “It has been a good year. Not many 19 year-olds can say they’ve had a year like it. I’ve boxed on some really good undercards and gained good experience training with the likes of Kid Galahad, Lee Wood and Kell Brook.
“I’m just looking to develop as a whole package. I’m getting stronger and my skills are coming along. In a couple of years I will be where I want to be.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been training hard and I’m ready for a big 2014.”
In his last bout, on October 26, Gill produced his most dominant performance to date in front of 8,000 people at Sheffield Arena, knocking out Aaron Flinn in 36 seconds.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
It was a display which created a buzz both in the arena and backstage amongst promoters - but Gill says it was not the highlight of his year.
He said: “It was a good way to round off the year but for me the highlight is the support I get from people who travel to see me box.
“I’m grateful for it and do everything I can to entertain them.”