Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill ready for big 2014
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill has high hopes for 2014, with potential title bouts looming.
The 19 year-old, who is unbeaten in eight fights, is in line for a Masters title bout in February.
Gill, who has been training hard over the Christmas period, says he is proud of what is he has accomplished in the past year but there was a lot more to come.
He said: “It has been a good year. Not many 19 year-olds can say they’ve had a year like it. I’ve boxed on some really good undercards and gained good experience training with the likes of Kid Galahad, Lee Wood and Kell Brook.
“I’m just looking to develop as a whole package. I’m getting stronger and my skills are coming along. In a couple of years I will be where I want to be.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been training hard and I’m ready for a big 2014.”
In his last bout, on October 26, Gill produced his most dominant performance to date in front of 8,000 people at Sheffield Arena, knocking out Aaron Flinn in 36 seconds.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
It was a display which created a buzz both in the arena and backstage amongst promoters - but Gill says it was not the highlight of his year.
He said: “It was a good way to round off the year but for me the highlight is the support I get from people who travel to see me box.
“I’m grateful for it and do everything I can to entertain them.”