Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill shows his class again as he extends his perfect professional record to 11 wins
- Credit: Archant
Jordan Gill extended his perfect professional record to 11 wins with a comfortable points win over Simas Volosinas in Sheffield on Saturday.
The 20 year old Chatteris boxer outclassed his tenacious opponent, winning all six rounds, although he feels there is still room for improvement.
He said: “I feel good and it’s another six rounds under my belt. I won every round easily. If anything, it was a little bit too comfortable.
“I got complacent and got caught with some stupid shots. I caught him with some wicked body shots as well. To be fair to him, he’s a very tough kid who never gets stopped.
“I don’t normally stand there and come in close but I thought I’d give the fans what they wanted to see.”
Gill is already back in training - he is in Sheffield doing fitness tests this morning as he looks to build up his endurance for 12 round bouts.
He said: “Sooner or later I’m going to be chucked in the mix so I need to be ready. But the better the opponent who’s put in front of me, the better I am. When I get in the ring with a good kid I’m not going to get caught at all.”
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 3 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 4 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 5 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 6 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 7 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 8 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 9 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
And he says, if it was up to him, he’d “fight anyone, anytime. I’d fight tomorrow if I could”.