Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill shows his class again as he extends his perfect professional record to 11 wins
- Credit: Archant
Jordan Gill extended his perfect professional record to 11 wins with a comfortable points win over Simas Volosinas in Sheffield on Saturday.
The 20 year old Chatteris boxer outclassed his tenacious opponent, winning all six rounds, although he feels there is still room for improvement.
He said: “I feel good and it’s another six rounds under my belt. I won every round easily. If anything, it was a little bit too comfortable.
“I got complacent and got caught with some stupid shots. I caught him with some wicked body shots as well. To be fair to him, he’s a very tough kid who never gets stopped.
“I don’t normally stand there and come in close but I thought I’d give the fans what they wanted to see.”
You may also want to watch:
Gill is already back in training - he is in Sheffield doing fitness tests this morning as he looks to build up his endurance for 12 round bouts.
He said: “Sooner or later I’m going to be chucked in the mix so I need to be ready. But the better the opponent who’s put in front of me, the better I am. When I get in the ring with a good kid I’m not going to get caught at all.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
And he says, if it was up to him, he’d “fight anyone, anytime. I’d fight tomorrow if I could”.