Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill shows his class again as he extends his perfect professional record to 11 wins
- Credit: Archant
Jordan Gill extended his perfect professional record to 11 wins with a comfortable points win over Simas Volosinas in Sheffield on Saturday.
The 20 year old Chatteris boxer outclassed his tenacious opponent, winning all six rounds, although he feels there is still room for improvement.
He said: “I feel good and it’s another six rounds under my belt. I won every round easily. If anything, it was a little bit too comfortable.
“I got complacent and got caught with some stupid shots. I caught him with some wicked body shots as well. To be fair to him, he’s a very tough kid who never gets stopped.
“I don’t normally stand there and come in close but I thought I’d give the fans what they wanted to see.”
You may also want to watch:
Gill is already back in training - he is in Sheffield doing fitness tests this morning as he looks to build up his endurance for 12 round bouts.
He said: “Sooner or later I’m going to be chucked in the mix so I need to be ready. But the better the opponent who’s put in front of me, the better I am. When I get in the ring with a good kid I’m not going to get caught at all.”
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 5 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 8 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 9 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 10 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
And he says, if it was up to him, he’d “fight anyone, anytime. I’d fight tomorrow if I could”.