Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill shows his class again as he extends his perfect professional record to 11 wins
- Credit: Archant
Jordan Gill extended his perfect professional record to 11 wins with a comfortable points win over Simas Volosinas in Sheffield on Saturday.
The 20 year old Chatteris boxer outclassed his tenacious opponent, winning all six rounds, although he feels there is still room for improvement.
He said: “I feel good and it’s another six rounds under my belt. I won every round easily. If anything, it was a little bit too comfortable.
“I got complacent and got caught with some stupid shots. I caught him with some wicked body shots as well. To be fair to him, he’s a very tough kid who never gets stopped.
“I don’t normally stand there and come in close but I thought I’d give the fans what they wanted to see.”
Gill is already back in training - he is in Sheffield doing fitness tests this morning as he looks to build up his endurance for 12 round bouts.
He said: “Sooner or later I’m going to be chucked in the mix so I need to be ready. But the better the opponent who’s put in front of me, the better I am. When I get in the ring with a good kid I’m not going to get caught at all.”
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
And he says, if it was up to him, he’d “fight anyone, anytime. I’d fight tomorrow if I could”.