Chatteris boxing star Jordan Gill set for altitude training camp as second pro bout draws closer
CHATTERIS boxing sensation Jordan Gill will jet off to the Canary Islands for altitude training next week as he prepares for his second professional bout.
The 18-year-old will look to build on his debut victory when he steps into the ring at the Peterborough Showground on September 29.
Gill outclassed journeyman Kristian Laight in July - cruising to a 40-36 points win in Sheffield in front of more than 100 travelling fans from the Fens.
But the teenager is hoping that even more people will come to watch him next month as he bids to remain unbeaten as a professional.
He said: “I’ve been training really hard and it’s all going great. I’m off to Fuerteventura next week for a two-week high altitude training camp.”
You may also want to watch:
Legendary trainer Dominic Ingle is yet to confirm who Gill’s next opponent will be.
For tickets to the bout, priced at �30 for boxing only, contact the Gills on 01354 695211.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 3 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 4 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Have your say on Mepal crematorium plans - but be quick