Chatteris boxing star Jordan Gill set for altitude training camp as second pro bout draws closer
CHATTERIS boxing sensation Jordan Gill will jet off to the Canary Islands for altitude training next week as he prepares for his second professional bout.
The 18-year-old will look to build on his debut victory when he steps into the ring at the Peterborough Showground on September 29.
Gill outclassed journeyman Kristian Laight in July - cruising to a 40-36 points win in Sheffield in front of more than 100 travelling fans from the Fens.
But the teenager is hoping that even more people will come to watch him next month as he bids to remain unbeaten as a professional.
He said: “I’ve been training really hard and it’s all going great. I’m off to Fuerteventura next week for a two-week high altitude training camp.”
You may also want to watch:
Legendary trainer Dominic Ingle is yet to confirm who Gill’s next opponent will be.
For tickets to the bout, priced at �30 for boxing only, contact the Gills on 01354 695211.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 10 Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend