Chatteris boxing star Jordan Gill set for altitude training camp as second pro bout draws closer
CHATTERIS boxing sensation Jordan Gill will jet off to the Canary Islands for altitude training next week as he prepares for his second professional bout.
The 18-year-old will look to build on his debut victory when he steps into the ring at the Peterborough Showground on September 29.
Gill outclassed journeyman Kristian Laight in July - cruising to a 40-36 points win in Sheffield in front of more than 100 travelling fans from the Fens.
But the teenager is hoping that even more people will come to watch him next month as he bids to remain unbeaten as a professional.
He said: “I’ve been training really hard and it’s all going great. I’m off to Fuerteventura next week for a two-week high altitude training camp.”
Legendary trainer Dominic Ingle is yet to confirm who Gill’s next opponent will be.
For tickets to the bout, priced at �30 for boxing only, contact the Gills on 01354 695211.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 7 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?