Chatteris boxing star Jordan Gill set for altitude training camp as second pro bout draws closer
CHATTERIS boxing sensation Jordan Gill will jet off to the Canary Islands for altitude training next week as he prepares for his second professional bout.
The 18-year-old will look to build on his debut victory when he steps into the ring at the Peterborough Showground on September 29.
Gill outclassed journeyman Kristian Laight in July - cruising to a 40-36 points win in Sheffield in front of more than 100 travelling fans from the Fens.
But the teenager is hoping that even more people will come to watch him next month as he bids to remain unbeaten as a professional.
He said: “I’ve been training really hard and it’s all going great. I’m off to Fuerteventura next week for a two-week high altitude training camp.”
You may also want to watch:
Legendary trainer Dominic Ingle is yet to confirm who Gill’s next opponent will be.
For tickets to the bout, priced at �30 for boxing only, contact the Gills on 01354 695211.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 4 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 5 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 6 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 7 Man who died in road crash is named
- 8 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 9 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 10 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream