Chatteris boxing star Jordan Gill spars with former world champion Jorge Linares during Kell Brook’s Las Vegas training camp
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill has not been taking it easy this summer ... the 20 year-old has just returned from an intensive two week training camp in Las Vegas which has given him the confidence he can compete with the best.
Gill, who is undefeated in 10 bouts, was in Vegas as part of Kell Brook’s training camp - Brook challenges for the IBF World Title against Shawn Porter in California on Saturday.
During his stay he spent time at the Mayweather gym and Top Rank gym, where he mixed it with former WBC featherweight and WBA super featherweight champion Jorge Linares.
Gill said: “This is great experience for me at this stage of my career. It’s every fighter’s dream to box for a world title in America.
“I’m witnessing it first hand and with more hard work will hopefully be in the same position down the line.
“I had some brilliant sparring with two weight world champion Jorge Linares at the Top Rank gym, and showed everyone that I’m not out of my depth at world level.”
Gill is waiting on the date for his next fight, but said it should be late September or early October.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
Gill is sponsored by Razer, Jordan Fitness, George Munns and Chatteris Town Butchers.