Chatteris boxing star Jordan Gill spars with former world champion Jorge Linares during Kell Brook’s Las Vegas training camp
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill has not been taking it easy this summer ... the 20 year-old has just returned from an intensive two week training camp in Las Vegas which has given him the confidence he can compete with the best.
Gill, who is undefeated in 10 bouts, was in Vegas as part of Kell Brook’s training camp - Brook challenges for the IBF World Title against Shawn Porter in California on Saturday.
During his stay he spent time at the Mayweather gym and Top Rank gym, where he mixed it with former WBC featherweight and WBA super featherweight champion Jorge Linares.
Gill said: “This is great experience for me at this stage of my career. It’s every fighter’s dream to box for a world title in America.
“I’m witnessing it first hand and with more hard work will hopefully be in the same position down the line.
You may also want to watch:
“I had some brilliant sparring with two weight world champion Jorge Linares at the Top Rank gym, and showed everyone that I’m not out of my depth at world level.”
Gill is waiting on the date for his next fight, but said it should be late September or early October.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
Gill is sponsored by Razer, Jordan Fitness, George Munns and Chatteris Town Butchers.