Tennis: Chatteris club celebrate successful 2018 season
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Tennis Club’s men had more to celebrate at the end of the Cambs Winter League.
The third team of Tony Finch, Bunny Miles, Duncan Hobbs and Mark Mobberley combined to beat Girton 8-0 and clinch the Division Eight title and another promotion.
It rounded off one of the most successful years in the club’s 100-plus year history as a record 13 teams competed in the Cambs Summer League, Hunts & Peterborough Sunday League and Cambs Winter League.
Five gained promotions and the club is planning on entering a fourth men’s team this year.
There has been an increase in attendance at sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Sundays, with the junior club night and women only sessions proving popular, as well as Social Tennis on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Another coaching programme will start in March for children over five and adults wishing to take up the sport or return after an absence.
Visit chatteristennis.com or call 01354 695014 for details.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless