Tennis: Chatteris club celebrate successful 2018 season
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Tennis Club’s men had more to celebrate at the end of the Cambs Winter League.
The third team of Tony Finch, Bunny Miles, Duncan Hobbs and Mark Mobberley combined to beat Girton 8-0 and clinch the Division Eight title and another promotion.
It rounded off one of the most successful years in the club’s 100-plus year history as a record 13 teams competed in the Cambs Summer League, Hunts & Peterborough Sunday League and Cambs Winter League.
Five gained promotions and the club is planning on entering a fourth men’s team this year.
There has been an increase in attendance at sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Sundays, with the junior club night and women only sessions proving popular, as well as Social Tennis on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Another coaching programme will start in March for children over five and adults wishing to take up the sport or return after an absence.
Visit chatteristennis.com or call 01354 695014 for details.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack