Tennis: Chatteris club celebrate successful 2018 season
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Tennis Club’s men had more to celebrate at the end of the Cambs Winter League.
The third team of Tony Finch, Bunny Miles, Duncan Hobbs and Mark Mobberley combined to beat Girton 8-0 and clinch the Division Eight title and another promotion.
It rounded off one of the most successful years in the club’s 100-plus year history as a record 13 teams competed in the Cambs Summer League, Hunts & Peterborough Sunday League and Cambs Winter League.
Five gained promotions and the club is planning on entering a fourth men’s team this year.
There has been an increase in attendance at sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Sundays, with the junior club night and women only sessions proving popular, as well as Social Tennis on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Another coaching programme will start in March for children over five and adults wishing to take up the sport or return after an absence.
Visit chatteristennis.com or call 01354 695014 for details.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton