Chatteris CC’s inaugural Casino Night raises hundreds of pounds for much-needed works
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Cricket Club raised hundreds of pounds at their inaugural Casino Night at the weekend.
Club members were out in force and managed to raise over £500 for the refurbishment of their training nets, as well as for an all-weather wicket at their Fullers Cricket Ground home.
Blackjack, poker and roulette were played, with prizes going to the winners.
Nathan Brennan earned the top award, collecting £150, while Chris Pope finished second and claimed £50.
However, both winners produced a kind gesture by donating their winnings back into the club.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Grant Osbourn said: "We had a break-in over the winter, so we need to raise money and also to increase security.
"We're constantly looking to improve."
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
Other fundraising events are also in the pipeline, including regular Twenty20 friendlies against various sports organisations in Chatteris.
The club are hosting a quiz night on Saturday, June 29, which is free to attend.