Chatteris CC’s inaugural Casino Night raises hundreds of pounds for much-needed works
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Cricket Club raised hundreds of pounds at their inaugural Casino Night at the weekend.
Club members were out in force and managed to raise over £500 for the refurbishment of their training nets, as well as for an all-weather wicket at their Fullers Cricket Ground home.
Blackjack, poker and roulette were played, with prizes going to the winners.
Nathan Brennan earned the top award, collecting £150, while Chris Pope finished second and claimed £50.
However, both winners produced a kind gesture by donating their winnings back into the club.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Grant Osbourn said: "We had a break-in over the winter, so we need to raise money and also to increase security.
"We're constantly looking to improve."
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
Other fundraising events are also in the pipeline, including regular Twenty20 friendlies against various sports organisations in Chatteris.
The club are hosting a quiz night on Saturday, June 29, which is free to attend.