Chatteris CC’s inaugural Casino Night raises hundreds of pounds for much-needed works
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Cricket Club raised hundreds of pounds at their inaugural Casino Night at the weekend.
Club members were out in force and managed to raise over £500 for the refurbishment of their training nets, as well as for an all-weather wicket at their Fullers Cricket Ground home.
Blackjack, poker and roulette were played, with prizes going to the winners.
Nathan Brennan earned the top award, collecting £150, while Chris Pope finished second and claimed £50.
However, both winners produced a kind gesture by donating their winnings back into the club.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Grant Osbourn said: "We had a break-in over the winter, so we need to raise money and also to increase security.
"We're constantly looking to improve."
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
Other fundraising events are also in the pipeline, including regular Twenty20 friendlies against various sports organisations in Chatteris.
The club are hosting a quiz night on Saturday, June 29, which is free to attend.