Chatteris cueman Joe Perry pipped by Ali Carter in World Open final
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris snooker star Joe Perry says he is “very disappointed” after he was defeated by Ali Carter in the final of the World Open in China.
The 41-year-old reached the final after beating close friend Neil Robertson in the last four, but came up short against Essex-based Carter, losing 10-8.
Perry started positively in his fourth ranking final, storming into a 3-2 lead but Carter, who was given the all clear from cancer in 2014, fired back to take a 6-3 advantage into the break.
Carter spurned multiple opportunities to seal the victory and Perry pounced, taking the 13th frame with a stunning break of 131.
‘The Gentleman’ posted another triple-figure break in the 16th and then hit 98 to bring the scores to 9-8, but Carter held his nerve to secure his fourth ranking title.
You may also want to watch:
Perry later took to Twitter to express his disappointment at his final defeat, saying: “Obviously very disappointed with my performance today. I tried my hardest as always. Massive well done to Ali – he was a deserved winner.
“Thanks to all my supporters and fans this week for all your kind messages. They mean a lot, I read them all.”
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Chief honours those who went 'over and beyond' to protect public
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police