Chatteris cueman Joe Perry pipped by Ali Carter in World Open final
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris snooker star Joe Perry says he is “very disappointed” after he was defeated by Ali Carter in the final of the World Open in China.
The 41-year-old reached the final after beating close friend Neil Robertson in the last four, but came up short against Essex-based Carter, losing 10-8.
Perry started positively in his fourth ranking final, storming into a 3-2 lead but Carter, who was given the all clear from cancer in 2014, fired back to take a 6-3 advantage into the break.
Carter spurned multiple opportunities to seal the victory and Perry pounced, taking the 13th frame with a stunning break of 131.
‘The Gentleman’ posted another triple-figure break in the 16th and then hit 98 to bring the scores to 9-8, but Carter held his nerve to secure his fourth ranking title.
You may also want to watch:
Perry later took to Twitter to express his disappointment at his final defeat, saying: “Obviously very disappointed with my performance today. I tried my hardest as always. Massive well done to Ali – he was a deserved winner.
“Thanks to all my supporters and fans this week for all your kind messages. They mean a lot, I read them all.”
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre