Chatteris cueman Joe Perry pipped by Ali Carter in World Open final
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris snooker star Joe Perry says he is “very disappointed” after he was defeated by Ali Carter in the final of the World Open in China.
The 41-year-old reached the final after beating close friend Neil Robertson in the last four, but came up short against Essex-based Carter, losing 10-8.
Perry started positively in his fourth ranking final, storming into a 3-2 lead but Carter, who was given the all clear from cancer in 2014, fired back to take a 6-3 advantage into the break.
Carter spurned multiple opportunities to seal the victory and Perry pounced, taking the 13th frame with a stunning break of 131.
‘The Gentleman’ posted another triple-figure break in the 16th and then hit 98 to bring the scores to 9-8, but Carter held his nerve to secure his fourth ranking title.
Perry later took to Twitter to express his disappointment at his final defeat, saying: “Obviously very disappointed with my performance today. I tried my hardest as always. Massive well done to Ali – he was a deserved winner.
“Thanks to all my supporters and fans this week for all your kind messages. They mean a lot, I read them all.”
- 1 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 2 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 3 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 4 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 8 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 9 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 10 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops