BOXING: Jordan Gill to gun for domestic success in 2018
- Credit: Archant
Jordan Gill is aiming for success on a domestic level in 2018.
The Thrill, who has won both of his fights this year, has been eyeing up the chance to fight for the English Featherweight title - but may not have to wait too long for a shot at the strap next year.
The British Boxing Board of Control (BBoC) has ordered Gill to take on former European and English Super Featherweight champion, Ben Jones (22-6-1) for the vacant title in the first quarter of 2018.
Gill, who is unbeaten in 18 fights, was due to fight Samir Mouneimne for the strap this year but the Hull-based fighter relinquished the title.
Gill said: “First stop for me is the English title. Hopefully I’ll win that in good fashion and then push on to bigger domestic titles and getting up the world rankings.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d love some great fights with domestic rivals too.”
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 3 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 4 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home