BOXING: Jordan Gill to gun for domestic success in 2018
- Credit: Archant
Jordan Gill is aiming for success on a domestic level in 2018.
The Thrill, who has won both of his fights this year, has been eyeing up the chance to fight for the English Featherweight title - but may not have to wait too long for a shot at the strap next year.
The British Boxing Board of Control (BBoC) has ordered Gill to take on former European and English Super Featherweight champion, Ben Jones (22-6-1) for the vacant title in the first quarter of 2018.
Gill, who is unbeaten in 18 fights, was due to fight Samir Mouneimne for the strap this year but the Hull-based fighter relinquished the title.
Gill said: “First stop for me is the English title. Hopefully I’ll win that in good fashion and then push on to bigger domestic titles and getting up the world rankings.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d love some great fights with domestic rivals too.”
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success