BOXING: Jordan Gill to gun for domestic success in 2018
- Credit: Archant
Jordan Gill is aiming for success on a domestic level in 2018.
The Thrill, who has won both of his fights this year, has been eyeing up the chance to fight for the English Featherweight title - but may not have to wait too long for a shot at the strap next year.
The British Boxing Board of Control (BBoC) has ordered Gill to take on former European and English Super Featherweight champion, Ben Jones (22-6-1) for the vacant title in the first quarter of 2018.
Gill, who is unbeaten in 18 fights, was due to fight Samir Mouneimne for the strap this year but the Hull-based fighter relinquished the title.
Gill said: “First stop for me is the English title. Hopefully I’ll win that in good fashion and then push on to bigger domestic titles and getting up the world rankings.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d love some great fights with domestic rivals too.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'