BOXING: Jordan Gill to gun for domestic success in 2018
- Credit: Archant
Jordan Gill is aiming for success on a domestic level in 2018.
The Thrill, who has won both of his fights this year, has been eyeing up the chance to fight for the English Featherweight title - but may not have to wait too long for a shot at the strap next year.
The British Boxing Board of Control (BBoC) has ordered Gill to take on former European and English Super Featherweight champion, Ben Jones (22-6-1) for the vacant title in the first quarter of 2018.
Gill, who is unbeaten in 18 fights, was due to fight Samir Mouneimne for the strap this year but the Hull-based fighter relinquished the title.
Gill said: “First stop for me is the English title. Hopefully I’ll win that in good fashion and then push on to bigger domestic titles and getting up the world rankings.
“I’d love some great fights with domestic rivals too.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Church gets set for annual Christmas tree festival