BOXING: Jordan Gill to gun for domestic success in 2018
- Credit: Archant
Jordan Gill is aiming for success on a domestic level in 2018.
The Thrill, who has won both of his fights this year, has been eyeing up the chance to fight for the English Featherweight title - but may not have to wait too long for a shot at the strap next year.
The British Boxing Board of Control (BBoC) has ordered Gill to take on former European and English Super Featherweight champion, Ben Jones (22-6-1) for the vacant title in the first quarter of 2018.
Gill, who is unbeaten in 18 fights, was due to fight Samir Mouneimne for the strap this year but the Hull-based fighter relinquished the title.
Gill said: “First stop for me is the English title. Hopefully I’ll win that in good fashion and then push on to bigger domestic titles and getting up the world rankings.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d love some great fights with domestic rivals too.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal