Girls football is back in Chatteris - here’s how to join
- Credit: Archant
After a few years of no girls football in Chatteris the challenge to get girls back into the sport was taken by Chatteris Town FC (The Lillies).
The girls train at West Street every Saturday morning between 11.15am to 12.15pm. All abilities welcomed from the ages of eight to 16, but all girls under eight can still join in the football fun with the Little Lillies who train from 10-11am at West Street, too.
Ellisha Connett, of the club, said: “Our aim is to encourage girls from Chatteris and surrounding areas to get into football and enjoy the team spirit and fitness it brings.
“We currently have 17 girls signed up but each week this grows and each week the girls keep coming back excited to learn more.
“We are hoping to have enough girls to form at least two teams next season in the S-Tech Football League so if you have a daughter who you think would enjoy playing football and being part of a team please bring them along on Saturday it’s that easy.”
You may also want to watch:
Little Lillies (ages 4-7) 10am to 11am - £3
Girls Training (ages 8 - 16) 11:15am to 12:15pm - £3
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
Any local businesses who would be interested in sponsoring the girls should contact Stuart Porter, head of youth football, on 07929 152036.