Chatteris potter Joe Perry through to second round of World Snooker Championship with 10-4 win over Zhang Anda
- Credit: Archant
Joe Perry overcame a wobble to secure his passage into the second round of the World Championship with a 10-4 win over Zhang Anda.
The Chatteris cueman made a dynamite start on Wednesday morning. He won the first two frames with breaks of 56 and 94, and kept his foot on the pedal to such an extent that he found himself 7-0 up.
The Chinese player finally got on the board in the eighth frame, before Perry clinched the final frame of the session to go in a commanding 8-1 up.
But Wednesday evening’s season was a different story. Perry looked jittery and Anda capitalised, winning three frames on the bounce.
The 13th frame was key – Perry showed all his fight in a 47-minute battle to win it on the final black.
You may also want to watch:
He went on to win a close 14th frame to secure his passage into the second round, where he will play Shaun Murphy or Robin Hull.
Murphy, the 2005 world champion, leads 7-2 going into their second session this evening.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide