Chatteris potter Joe Perry through to second round of World Snooker Championship with 10-4 win over Zhang Anda
- Credit: Archant
Joe Perry overcame a wobble to secure his passage into the second round of the World Championship with a 10-4 win over Zhang Anda.
The Chatteris cueman made a dynamite start on Wednesday morning. He won the first two frames with breaks of 56 and 94, and kept his foot on the pedal to such an extent that he found himself 7-0 up.
The Chinese player finally got on the board in the eighth frame, before Perry clinched the final frame of the session to go in a commanding 8-1 up.
But Wednesday evening’s season was a different story. Perry looked jittery and Anda capitalised, winning three frames on the bounce.
The 13th frame was key – Perry showed all his fight in a 47-minute battle to win it on the final black.
You may also want to watch:
He went on to win a close 14th frame to secure his passage into the second round, where he will play Shaun Murphy or Robin Hull.
Murphy, the 2005 world champion, leads 7-2 going into their second session this evening.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 6 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 7 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 8 30 firefighters tackle A14 lorry blaze
- 9 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 10 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests