Chatteris potter Joe Perry through to second round of World Snooker Championship with 10-4 win over Zhang Anda
- Credit: Archant
Joe Perry overcame a wobble to secure his passage into the second round of the World Championship with a 10-4 win over Zhang Anda.
The Chatteris cueman made a dynamite start on Wednesday morning. He won the first two frames with breaks of 56 and 94, and kept his foot on the pedal to such an extent that he found himself 7-0 up.
The Chinese player finally got on the board in the eighth frame, before Perry clinched the final frame of the session to go in a commanding 8-1 up.
But Wednesday evening’s season was a different story. Perry looked jittery and Anda capitalised, winning three frames on the bounce.
The 13th frame was key – Perry showed all his fight in a 47-minute battle to win it on the final black.
You may also want to watch:
He went on to win a close 14th frame to secure his passage into the second round, where he will play Shaun Murphy or Robin Hull.
Murphy, the 2005 world champion, leads 7-2 going into their second session this evening.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre