Chatteris romp past Soham Town Rangers Reserves and there’s no stopping Outwell - Fenland football round-up
- Credit: Archant
Five-star Chatteris Town kept up the pressure on Outwell Swifts in Kershaw Senior A with a 5-1 win over Soham Town Rangers Reserves.
Craig Gillies (2), Scott Callaghan, Gary Smith and Josh Brittin scored as the Lilies surged into second.
However, there is no stopping Outwell at the moment - Luke Plumb hit a hat-trick, with Ben Longmuir also on target, as they made it six wins from six with a 4-0 triumph over Royston Town A.
Chatteris manager Ashley Taylor said: “Very happy with a convincing result. We needed a reaction after dropping two points last week and you could see the determination in the team to get back to winning ways.
“Our attacking play and ball retention was superb and i can see we are improving as a team all the time.
You may also want to watch:
“We go away to Fulbourn this Saturday full of confidence and we need to show that we can come away from home against a tough team and get 3 points. Our character this Saturday will be tested.”
Wisbech St Mary suffered an early exit in the Knock Out Cup at the hands of Fowlmere. Simon Bates scored but they lost 5-1.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 8 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
In Kershaw Senior B, Wimblington drew 1-1 with Comberton United.
In Kershaw NMC 1B, David Turnbell scored but Chatteris Town Reserves lost 2-1 at Littleport Town.
Manea United drew 2-2 with Alconbury. Ross Alexander and James Harness got the goals.
Callum Young (2), Jason Cox, Lewis Hearn and Toby Ayres scored in a 5-0 win over Milton Reserves,
Wisbech St Mary Reserves won 1-0 at Over Sports Reserves.
In NMC 2B, Andrew Abbott and Ashley Anderson scored as March Rangers beat Bluntisham Rangers Reserves 2-1. Wisbech St Mary A lost 2-0 to Isleham United.
In NMC 3B, Adam Betts and Scott Butcher were on target for Benwick Athletic as they drew 2-2 with Wisbech St Mary B.
Upwell Town beat Waterbeach Colts Old Boys 2-0. Martin Chapman and Aiden Rouse got the goals.
Chatteris Fen Tigers lost 7-0 at The Eagle, while Wimblington Reserves lost 4-2 at West Row Gunners.
In NMC 4B, Jeffrey Elsey and Toby Freear were on target but Coldham United lost 6-2 to Chatteris Town A.
Connor Mazurek (2), Jamie Fuller and Ashley Taylor scored as Doddington United beat March Rangers Reserves 4-0. Wisbech St Mary C lost 2-0 to Tuddenham 08.
In NMC 5B, Damon Shailes scored twice but Benwick Athletic Reserves lost 5-2 at Barton Mills.
Manea United Reserves were thumped 9-0 by Burwell Tigers, but Guyhirn made it two wins from two with a 4-2 win over Marchester United.