Chatteris romp past Soham Town Rangers Reserves and there’s no stopping Outwell - Fenland football round-up
- Credit: Archant
Five-star Chatteris Town kept up the pressure on Outwell Swifts in Kershaw Senior A with a 5-1 win over Soham Town Rangers Reserves.
Craig Gillies (2), Scott Callaghan, Gary Smith and Josh Brittin scored as the Lilies surged into second.
However, there is no stopping Outwell at the moment - Luke Plumb hit a hat-trick, with Ben Longmuir also on target, as they made it six wins from six with a 4-0 triumph over Royston Town A.
Chatteris manager Ashley Taylor said: “Very happy with a convincing result. We needed a reaction after dropping two points last week and you could see the determination in the team to get back to winning ways.
“Our attacking play and ball retention was superb and i can see we are improving as a team all the time.
“We go away to Fulbourn this Saturday full of confidence and we need to show that we can come away from home against a tough team and get 3 points. Our character this Saturday will be tested.”
Wisbech St Mary suffered an early exit in the Knock Out Cup at the hands of Fowlmere. Simon Bates scored but they lost 5-1.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 3 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
In Kershaw Senior B, Wimblington drew 1-1 with Comberton United.
In Kershaw NMC 1B, David Turnbell scored but Chatteris Town Reserves lost 2-1 at Littleport Town.
Manea United drew 2-2 with Alconbury. Ross Alexander and James Harness got the goals.
Callum Young (2), Jason Cox, Lewis Hearn and Toby Ayres scored in a 5-0 win over Milton Reserves,
Wisbech St Mary Reserves won 1-0 at Over Sports Reserves.
In NMC 2B, Andrew Abbott and Ashley Anderson scored as March Rangers beat Bluntisham Rangers Reserves 2-1. Wisbech St Mary A lost 2-0 to Isleham United.
In NMC 3B, Adam Betts and Scott Butcher were on target for Benwick Athletic as they drew 2-2 with Wisbech St Mary B.
Upwell Town beat Waterbeach Colts Old Boys 2-0. Martin Chapman and Aiden Rouse got the goals.
Chatteris Fen Tigers lost 7-0 at The Eagle, while Wimblington Reserves lost 4-2 at West Row Gunners.
In NMC 4B, Jeffrey Elsey and Toby Freear were on target but Coldham United lost 6-2 to Chatteris Town A.
Connor Mazurek (2), Jamie Fuller and Ashley Taylor scored as Doddington United beat March Rangers Reserves 4-0. Wisbech St Mary C lost 2-0 to Tuddenham 08.
In NMC 5B, Damon Shailes scored twice but Benwick Athletic Reserves lost 5-2 at Barton Mills.
Manea United Reserves were thumped 9-0 by Burwell Tigers, but Guyhirn made it two wins from two with a 4-2 win over Marchester United.