Chatteris runner qualifies for British Colleges National Championships
- Credit: Archant
Talented Chatteris long-distance runner Jevan Robertson is heading for the national stage after winning a place in the finals of the British Colleges National Championships, one of the largest annual sporting events in the country.
The 18-year-old Cambridge Regional College Sport student will be representing the east of England in the cross country running final after qualifying in the regional heats.
He will be among 1,800 sporting stars from colleges across England competing in next year’s finals – with the region winning the most points picking up the prestigious Wilkinson Sword trophy.
Jevan, of The Elms, Chatteris, said he was looking forward to the championships.
“I run five or six times a week and in March I trialled for the world cross country trials. I didn’t qualify but my ambition is to wear an England vest. I have been running since I was about 14 - I used to play football and go running to train but I realised I was better at running than football” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Fellow CRC student Callum Brookes, from Saffron Walden, will be joining Jevan in the finals after qualifying in the Golf competition.
Kate Da Costa, head of CRC’s Faculty of Sport, said: “It’s a fantastic achievement for two of our students to qualify for the national championships and we are very proud of them. Callum and Jevan are both very talented sportsmen and we are absolutely delighted they will be representing the college and the region in next year’s finals.”
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 8 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 9 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail