Chatteris score NINE while leaders Outwell keep up perfect start and March Town United Reserves win Fen derby

Action from March Town United Reserves v Wisbech St Mary Reserves. Picture: BARRY GIDDINGS.

Action from March Town United Reserves v Wisbech St Mary Reserves. Picture: BARRY GIDDINGS. - Credit: Archant

Chatteris Town manager Ashley Taylor celebrated the biggest win of his career as they put NINE goals past Paxton.

Craig Gillies carried on his phenomenal scoring run with a hat-trick, there were doubles for Josh Joyce and Gary Smith, and goals for Anton Kaval and Jermaine Watson, in the 9-0 Kershaw Semior A win.

Taylor said: “Paxton lost their first league game last week so I emphasised to the lads that we must get the first goal in the game which we did in five minutes.

“Once we scored there was no looking back and we took advantage of their lack of confidence. We were ruthless and to be honest it could have been a lot more.

“Right now the club is looking strong. We have introduced a fourth team and for the first time in ages we now have a reserve team where I can rely on any of those players to step up to the first team including some talented under 18s players.

“Competition for places is strong so this only has a positive effect on the players performances as they want to keep their place in the team.”

However, the Lilies are still five points adrift of leaders Outwell Swifts, who made it seven wins from seven with a 3-1 win at Ely City Reserves. Sam Hanslip, Luke Plumb and Stan Brown got the goals.

Most Read

In the Kershaw Premier, Wisbech St Mary remain hot on the heels of leaders Cambridge City Reserves after their 4-0 win over Linton Granta. Ryan Lennon, Ashley Symonds, Edgaras Buzas and James McManus scored.

In NMC 1B, March Town United Reserves claimed the bragging rights over Wisbech St Mary Reserves in a top of the table clash. Callum Young’s goal sealed a 1-0 win.

Manea United won 2-0 at St Ives Rangers.

Chatteris Town Reserves progressed in the Junior Challenge Cup with a 7-0 win over Cambourne Rovers. Liam Birch (2), Henry Shepherd (2), Richard Allen, Josh Brittin and Joe Waters scored.

In NMC 2B, Shane Bilney-Knight scored but March Rangers lost 5-1 at Wisbech St Mary A.

In the John Ablett Cup, goals from Callum Summers (2), Matthew Thomas, Jonny Allan, Thomas Brazil, Aaron Marshall and an OG saw Upwell Town win 7-1 at Chatteris Town A. Reece Shorter got the hosts goal.

Chatteris Fen Tigers beat March Rangers Reserves 3-1, while Benwick Athletic won a nine-goal thriller 5-4 against Hardwick A.

Goals from Paul Johnson and Adam Key saw Wisbech St Mary B through with a 2-1 win over Fordham Reserves.

Doddington United cruised through with a 10-0 thrashing of Outwell Swifts Reserves. Ashley Taylor (3), Steven Dickinson (3), Daniel Blake, Matthew Cox, Steven White and Archie Palmer got the goals.

Coldham United are out after being decimated 15-0 by Tuddenham 08.

In NMC 3B, Wimblington Reserves lost 3-2 to The Eagle.

IN NMC 5B, Guyhirn thumped Benwick Athletic Reserves 7-0. Jack Gibbs scored but Chatteris Town B lost 10-1 at Needingworth United Reserves.

In the Reg Haigh and Arthur Peck Cup, Manea United progressed with a 3-1 win over Barton Mills. Lee Gardner, Jay Wilding and Steven Coe were on target but Upwell Town Reserves lost 4-3 at Wicken Athletic.

In the Peterborough and District Premier, goals from Matthew Heron (2) and Liam Harrold sealed a 3-0 win for Whittlesey Athletic at Peterborough ICA Sports.

Leverington Sports drew 2-2 with Deeping Rangers Reserves.

In Division One, Ryan Alexander (2), George Buckenham, Ryan Charalambous, Lewis Clayton and Mark Hardwick scored as Wisbech Town Reserves thumped Langtoft United Reserves 6-0.

Matt Eaton and Joseph Sutton were on target but Sutton Bridge lost 4-2 to Spalding United Reserves. Long Sutton lost 2-1 to Warboys. Whittlesey Athletic Reserves lost 3-0 to Stamford Belvedere.


Park Ladies are through to the second round of the League Cup with a 3-1 win at Milton Ladies.

Park took a deserved lead which came from a lovely piece on inter play in the middle before the ball was shifted out to the left for Ward to cut inside her defender and from 25 yards unleash a rocket which clipped the underside of the bar before going in.

Park’s second followed on 35 minutes. A defensive block fell to Anderson who sent a 40-yard ball down the throat off the Milton defence. Newell controlled, burst passed the last defender and slotted coolly past the keeper.

In the second half, the hosts caught Park sleeping and scored with a clean low strike across the keeper. But Park regrouped and Newell made it three - skipping past the last defender for scroing with a low shot.