Chatteris snooker star Perry wins Xuzhou Open, his second Asian Tour triumph
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris cueman Joe Perry has won his second Asian Tour event.
The 40 year-old beat Thepchaiya Un-Nooh of Thailand 4-1 in the final of the Xuzhou Open to clinch the £10,000 winners cheque.
The world number 13 compiled breaks of 60, 51 and 66 to see off Un-Hooh, who was competing in his first pro final.
On his way to the final, Perry beat Huang Jiahao 4-0, Wang ZePeng 4-2, Elliott Slessor 4-0, Rouzi Maimaiti 4-1 and Tom Ford 4-3.
Perry’s previous tournament win was the 2013 Yixing Open, where he beat Mark Selby 4-1 in the final.
He said: “It’s always a surprise to win a tournament because the standard is so high. Some of the Chinese amateurs in this event were as good as professionals.
“We both missed a few balls early in the final, but once I settled down I played well and controlled the match. I felt that if I could cut out the mistakes and keep my safety good then I would get chances.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
“I know Thepchaiya is an exceptional talent and I’m sure he’ll be in many more finals. Maybe he was a bit nervous.”