Chatteris snooker star Perry wins Xuzhou Open, his second Asian Tour triumph
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris cueman Joe Perry has won his second Asian Tour event.
The 40 year-old beat Thepchaiya Un-Nooh of Thailand 4-1 in the final of the Xuzhou Open to clinch the £10,000 winners cheque.
The world number 13 compiled breaks of 60, 51 and 66 to see off Un-Hooh, who was competing in his first pro final.
On his way to the final, Perry beat Huang Jiahao 4-0, Wang ZePeng 4-2, Elliott Slessor 4-0, Rouzi Maimaiti 4-1 and Tom Ford 4-3.
Perry’s previous tournament win was the 2013 Yixing Open, where he beat Mark Selby 4-1 in the final.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It’s always a surprise to win a tournament because the standard is so high. Some of the Chinese amateurs in this event were as good as professionals.
“We both missed a few balls early in the final, but once I settled down I played well and controlled the match. I felt that if I could cut out the mistakes and keep my safety good then I would get chances.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year
- 7 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 8 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 9 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 10 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip
“I know Thepchaiya is an exceptional talent and I’m sure he’ll be in many more finals. Maybe he was a bit nervous.”