Chatteris snooker star Perry wins Xuzhou Open, his second Asian Tour triumph
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris cueman Joe Perry has won his second Asian Tour event.
The 40 year-old beat Thepchaiya Un-Nooh of Thailand 4-1 in the final of the Xuzhou Open to clinch the £10,000 winners cheque.
The world number 13 compiled breaks of 60, 51 and 66 to see off Un-Hooh, who was competing in his first pro final.
On his way to the final, Perry beat Huang Jiahao 4-0, Wang ZePeng 4-2, Elliott Slessor 4-0, Rouzi Maimaiti 4-1 and Tom Ford 4-3.
Perry’s previous tournament win was the 2013 Yixing Open, where he beat Mark Selby 4-1 in the final.
He said: “It’s always a surprise to win a tournament because the standard is so high. Some of the Chinese amateurs in this event were as good as professionals.
“We both missed a few balls early in the final, but once I settled down I played well and controlled the match. I felt that if I could cut out the mistakes and keep my safety good then I would get chances.
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 3 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 4 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 5 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 6 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 7 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 8 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 9 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 10 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
“I know Thepchaiya is an exceptional talent and I’m sure he’ll be in many more finals. Maybe he was a bit nervous.”