Chatteris snooker star Perry wins Xuzhou Open, his second Asian Tour triumph
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris cueman Joe Perry has won his second Asian Tour event.
The 40 year-old beat Thepchaiya Un-Nooh of Thailand 4-1 in the final of the Xuzhou Open to clinch the £10,000 winners cheque.
The world number 13 compiled breaks of 60, 51 and 66 to see off Un-Hooh, who was competing in his first pro final.
On his way to the final, Perry beat Huang Jiahao 4-0, Wang ZePeng 4-2, Elliott Slessor 4-0, Rouzi Maimaiti 4-1 and Tom Ford 4-3.
Perry’s previous tournament win was the 2013 Yixing Open, where he beat Mark Selby 4-1 in the final.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It’s always a surprise to win a tournament because the standard is so high. Some of the Chinese amateurs in this event were as good as professionals.
“We both missed a few balls early in the final, but once I settled down I played well and controlled the match. I felt that if I could cut out the mistakes and keep my safety good then I would get chances.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
“I know Thepchaiya is an exceptional talent and I’m sure he’ll be in many more finals. Maybe he was a bit nervous.”