Chatteris snooker star Perry wins Xuzhou Open, his second Asian Tour triumph
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris cueman Joe Perry has won his second Asian Tour event.
The 40 year-old beat Thepchaiya Un-Nooh of Thailand 4-1 in the final of the Xuzhou Open to clinch the £10,000 winners cheque.
The world number 13 compiled breaks of 60, 51 and 66 to see off Un-Hooh, who was competing in his first pro final.
On his way to the final, Perry beat Huang Jiahao 4-0, Wang ZePeng 4-2, Elliott Slessor 4-0, Rouzi Maimaiti 4-1 and Tom Ford 4-3.
Perry’s previous tournament win was the 2013 Yixing Open, where he beat Mark Selby 4-1 in the final.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It’s always a surprise to win a tournament because the standard is so high. Some of the Chinese amateurs in this event were as good as professionals.
“We both missed a few balls early in the final, but once I settled down I played well and controlled the match. I felt that if I could cut out the mistakes and keep my safety good then I would get chances.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 9 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
“I know Thepchaiya is an exceptional talent and I’m sure he’ll be in many more finals. Maybe he was a bit nervous.”