Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club celebrate in spooky style after Living Sport Awards nomination
- Credit: Archant
Celebrations at Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club took a spooky turn this week.
The club is celebrating after being shortlisted as a finalist for the Community Club of the Year category at the Living Sport Awards, which recognize and celebrate the achievement of talented sportsmen and women, coaches, volunteers and clubs from across Cambridgeshire.
This years’ Living Sport Awards received over 150 nominations, across a variety of different categories, and the local club will find out if they have been successful at the Burgess Hall in St Ives on November 26.
Simon Grainger, chairman of Chatteris Tennis Club said: “We are delighted to have been chosen as one of the finalists for Living Sports Community Club of the Year. Our Club continues to work together to enhance the facilities that we offer our local community, and engage all ages and abilities to enjoy the game of tennis. To be recognized for this is a great accolade for our Club.”
The club celebrated in style by hosting a Halloween ‘Monster Smash’ event, which saw over 40 players – both young and old – don spooky fancy dress for a night of tennis.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Chatteris Tennis Club, call 01354 695014 or visit www.chatteristennis.com.
- 1 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 2 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 3 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 6 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 March Town mark long-awaited return with victory in double-header
- 8 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 9 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 10 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely