Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club celebrate in spooky style after Living Sport Awards nomination
- Credit: Archant
Celebrations at Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club took a spooky turn this week.
The club is celebrating after being shortlisted as a finalist for the Community Club of the Year category at the Living Sport Awards, which recognize and celebrate the achievement of talented sportsmen and women, coaches, volunteers and clubs from across Cambridgeshire.
This years’ Living Sport Awards received over 150 nominations, across a variety of different categories, and the local club will find out if they have been successful at the Burgess Hall in St Ives on November 26.
Simon Grainger, chairman of Chatteris Tennis Club said: “We are delighted to have been chosen as one of the finalists for Living Sports Community Club of the Year. Our Club continues to work together to enhance the facilities that we offer our local community, and engage all ages and abilities to enjoy the game of tennis. To be recognized for this is a great accolade for our Club.”
The club celebrated in style by hosting a Halloween ‘Monster Smash’ event, which saw over 40 players – both young and old – don spooky fancy dress for a night of tennis.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Chatteris Tennis Club, call 01354 695014 or visit www.chatteristennis.com.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 4 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 7 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens