Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis club ends successful 12-week coaching course with junior tournament
- Credit: Archant
Tennis aces of the future headed town to Chatteris St Peter’s Club for their Junior Competition as the curtain came down on the club’s 12-week coaching course.
Youngsters aged five to 18 showcased the skills they’d learnt throughout the course, and all those who took part were nominated for the Julie Wing award – an award given in memory of former club member, Julie Wing.
Liam Garcia was the first ever recipient of the award, and coach Lisa Kennedy says he was a worthy winner.
She said: “Liam has not only shown potential as a good tennis player, but also demonstrated enthusiasm, effort and sportsmanship on the court.”
Junior competition winners:
You may also want to watch:
Winner: Archie Maclean
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 7 Fire crews and RSPCA rescue foal in danger of drowning
- 8 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
Runner-up: Logan Barbault
Winner: Lauren Thompson
Runner-up: Harry Beddingfield
Winner: Sam Perry
Runner-up: Cameron Smart
The club is also hosting another Great British Tennis Weekend event this Saturday (16) between 12pm and 4pm.
The Great British Tennis Weekend (GBTW) is a nationwide ‘open days’ campaign driving more people to play tennis by offering free opportunities to play.
For more information on Chatteris Tennis Club, call 01354 695014 or visit www.chatteristennis.com.