Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis club ends successful 12-week coaching course with junior tournament
- Credit: Archant
Tennis aces of the future headed town to Chatteris St Peter’s Club for their Junior Competition as the curtain came down on the club’s 12-week coaching course.
Youngsters aged five to 18 showcased the skills they’d learnt throughout the course, and all those who took part were nominated for the Julie Wing award – an award given in memory of former club member, Julie Wing.
Liam Garcia was the first ever recipient of the award, and coach Lisa Kennedy says he was a worthy winner.
She said: “Liam has not only shown potential as a good tennis player, but also demonstrated enthusiasm, effort and sportsmanship on the court.”
Junior competition winners:
You may also want to watch:
Winner: Archie Maclean
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack
- 6 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 7 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 8 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 9 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 10 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
Runner-up: Logan Barbault
Winner: Lauren Thompson
Runner-up: Harry Beddingfield
Winner: Sam Perry
Runner-up: Cameron Smart
The club is also hosting another Great British Tennis Weekend event this Saturday (16) between 12pm and 4pm.
The Great British Tennis Weekend (GBTW) is a nationwide ‘open days’ campaign driving more people to play tennis by offering free opportunities to play.
For more information on Chatteris Tennis Club, call 01354 695014 or visit www.chatteristennis.com.