Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis club ends successful 12-week coaching course with junior tournament
- Credit: Archant
Tennis aces of the future headed town to Chatteris St Peter’s Club for their Junior Competition as the curtain came down on the club’s 12-week coaching course.
Youngsters aged five to 18 showcased the skills they’d learnt throughout the course, and all those who took part were nominated for the Julie Wing award – an award given in memory of former club member, Julie Wing.
Liam Garcia was the first ever recipient of the award, and coach Lisa Kennedy says he was a worthy winner.
She said: “Liam has not only shown potential as a good tennis player, but also demonstrated enthusiasm, effort and sportsmanship on the court.”
Junior competition winners:
You may also want to watch:
Winner: Archie Maclean
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
Runner-up: Logan Barbault
Winner: Lauren Thompson
Runner-up: Harry Beddingfield
Winner: Sam Perry
Runner-up: Cameron Smart
The club is also hosting another Great British Tennis Weekend event this Saturday (16) between 12pm and 4pm.
The Great British Tennis Weekend (GBTW) is a nationwide ‘open days’ campaign driving more people to play tennis by offering free opportunities to play.
For more information on Chatteris Tennis Club, call 01354 695014 or visit www.chatteristennis.com.