Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club hits an ace and nets funds for new courts and floodlights
- Credit: Archant
Members of Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club are celebrating having recently netted £23,944 from Sport England’s Inspired Facilities Olympic and Paralympic legacy fund.
The money will cover the cost of installing floodlights on the two hard surface tennis courts at the Club.
The Club had been waiting for many months, following a lengthy application process by Club members Lindsey Harrison and Simon Grainger, outlining the desire to install floodlights, which would enable tennis to be played all year round.
Now that the funding has been confirmed, the Club is hoping to have the lights installed and ready for use by the end of this year.
Simon Grainger said, “We are delighted to have been awarded this funding for Chatteris Tennis Club. The Club’s membership continues to grow catering for all ages and abilities, as does our highly successful junior coaching programme. The installation of floodlights will be a great enhancement of our facilities and will no doubt encourage even more people to enjoy the great game of tennis all year, not just in the summertime”.
You may also want to watch:
For further information on Chatteris St. Peter’s Tennis Club, please phone 01354 695014 or visit www.chatteristennis.com.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 5 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 8 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart