Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club hits an ace and nets funds for new courts and floodlights
- Credit: Archant
Members of Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club are celebrating having recently netted £23,944 from Sport England’s Inspired Facilities Olympic and Paralympic legacy fund.
The money will cover the cost of installing floodlights on the two hard surface tennis courts at the Club.
The Club had been waiting for many months, following a lengthy application process by Club members Lindsey Harrison and Simon Grainger, outlining the desire to install floodlights, which would enable tennis to be played all year round.
Now that the funding has been confirmed, the Club is hoping to have the lights installed and ready for use by the end of this year.
Simon Grainger said, “We are delighted to have been awarded this funding for Chatteris Tennis Club. The Club’s membership continues to grow catering for all ages and abilities, as does our highly successful junior coaching programme. The installation of floodlights will be a great enhancement of our facilities and will no doubt encourage even more people to enjoy the great game of tennis all year, not just in the summertime”.
For further information on Chatteris St. Peter’s Tennis Club, please phone 01354 695014 or visit www.chatteristennis.com.
- 1 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 9 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 10 Jail for man who threatened to kill former girlfriend