Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club hits an ace and nets funds for new courts and floodlights
- Credit: Archant
Members of Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club are celebrating having recently netted £23,944 from Sport England’s Inspired Facilities Olympic and Paralympic legacy fund.
The money will cover the cost of installing floodlights on the two hard surface tennis courts at the Club.
The Club had been waiting for many months, following a lengthy application process by Club members Lindsey Harrison and Simon Grainger, outlining the desire to install floodlights, which would enable tennis to be played all year round.
Now that the funding has been confirmed, the Club is hoping to have the lights installed and ready for use by the end of this year.
Simon Grainger said, “We are delighted to have been awarded this funding for Chatteris Tennis Club. The Club’s membership continues to grow catering for all ages and abilities, as does our highly successful junior coaching programme. The installation of floodlights will be a great enhancement of our facilities and will no doubt encourage even more people to enjoy the great game of tennis all year, not just in the summertime”.
You may also want to watch:
For further information on Chatteris St. Peter’s Tennis Club, please phone 01354 695014 or visit www.chatteristennis.com.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 6 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack
- 7 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 8 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 9 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 10 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel