Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club hits an ace and nets funds for new courts and floodlights
- Credit: Archant
Members of Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club are celebrating having recently netted £23,944 from Sport England’s Inspired Facilities Olympic and Paralympic legacy fund.
The money will cover the cost of installing floodlights on the two hard surface tennis courts at the Club.
The Club had been waiting for many months, following a lengthy application process by Club members Lindsey Harrison and Simon Grainger, outlining the desire to install floodlights, which would enable tennis to be played all year round.
Now that the funding has been confirmed, the Club is hoping to have the lights installed and ready for use by the end of this year.
Simon Grainger said, “We are delighted to have been awarded this funding for Chatteris Tennis Club. The Club’s membership continues to grow catering for all ages and abilities, as does our highly successful junior coaching programme. The installation of floodlights will be a great enhancement of our facilities and will no doubt encourage even more people to enjoy the great game of tennis all year, not just in the summertime”.
You may also want to watch:
For further information on Chatteris St. Peter’s Tennis Club, please phone 01354 695014 or visit www.chatteristennis.com.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Fire crews and RSPCA rescue foal in danger of drowning
- 7 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 8 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station