Chatteris star Jordan Gill set for third pro bout against Latvian Pavels Senkovs
JORDAN Gill will face Latvian Pavels Senkovs in his third professional bout - and the Chatteris star has promised to be firing on all cylinders.
The 18-year-old will step into the ring in Hull on Saturday to strut his stuff on the same bill as Kid Galahad and James DeGale.
Gill has spent the last week altitude training in the Canary Islands with his team-mates from the Dominic Ingle gym - and he says he is in the shape of his life.
“We’re sharpening up now and my weight is coming down,” he said. “I’m 9st 4lb now so I’m coming down to championship weight.
“I’ll be firing on all cylinders and I just can’t wait to get in the ring. It can’t come quick enough.”
You may also want to watch:
Gill outclassed Kristian Laight in his debut bout in July before overpowering Dan Naylor in October.
Senkovs, his latest opponent, is another experienced professional who has contested 57 fights.
- 1 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 2 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 3 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 4 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 5 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 6 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 9 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
Gill said: “He’s boxed a lot of people including Kid Galahad and Leigh Wood. He’s very game with a dangerous right hand.”
The confident teenager added: “Never mind going three unbeaten, I want to go 20 unbeaten. I don’t just want to win, I want to win every round.”
For ticket details contact the Gills on 01354 695211.