Chatteris star Jordan Gill set for third pro bout against Latvian Pavels Senkovs
JORDAN Gill will face Latvian Pavels Senkovs in his third professional bout - and the Chatteris star has promised to be firing on all cylinders.
The 18-year-old will step into the ring in Hull on Saturday to strut his stuff on the same bill as Kid Galahad and James DeGale.
Gill has spent the last week altitude training in the Canary Islands with his team-mates from the Dominic Ingle gym - and he says he is in the shape of his life.
“We’re sharpening up now and my weight is coming down,” he said. “I’m 9st 4lb now so I’m coming down to championship weight.
“I’ll be firing on all cylinders and I just can’t wait to get in the ring. It can’t come quick enough.”
You may also want to watch:
Gill outclassed Kristian Laight in his debut bout in July before overpowering Dan Naylor in October.
Senkovs, his latest opponent, is another experienced professional who has contested 57 fights.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 3 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 4 Duke's death in midst of unprecedented times for country
- 5 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Christine prepares to brave the shave for cancer-battling sister
Gill said: “He’s boxed a lot of people including Kid Galahad and Leigh Wood. He’s very game with a dangerous right hand.”
The confident teenager added: “Never mind going three unbeaten, I want to go 20 unbeaten. I don’t just want to win, I want to win every round.”
For ticket details contact the Gills on 01354 695211.