Chatteris tennis aces see the light thanks to almost £24,000 worth of Sport England funding
- Credit: Archant
A Chatteris club is looking to light up the world of Tennis after receiving a set of new floodlights thanks to a cash injection from Sport England.
Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club, on New Road, installed the new lights on the two hard courts at the club after it was awarded £23,944 from Sport England’s Inspired Facilities Olympic and Paralympic Fund, which offered grants to sports clubs around the country to celebrate its link to the games.
After a lengthy application process, the club was awarded the funding, and work was carried out over the autumn by leading sport lighting installation company, Floodlighting Limited.
Club chairman, Simon Grainger, believes the new lights will make the club more appealing to tennis players of all ages.
He said: “We were delighted to secure the grant, which will enable us to engage more people of all ages and abilities in the great sport of tennis. The lights will enable tennis to be played during the darker winter months and has further upgraded the features of our club for the benefit of our local community.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club, call 01354 695014 or visit www.chatteristennis.com.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 5 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 6 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 7 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 8 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 9 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 10 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site