Chatteris tennis aces see the light thanks to almost £24,000 worth of Sport England funding
- Credit: Archant
A Chatteris club is looking to light up the world of Tennis after receiving a set of new floodlights thanks to a cash injection from Sport England.
Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club, on New Road, installed the new lights on the two hard courts at the club after it was awarded £23,944 from Sport England’s Inspired Facilities Olympic and Paralympic Fund, which offered grants to sports clubs around the country to celebrate its link to the games.
After a lengthy application process, the club was awarded the funding, and work was carried out over the autumn by leading sport lighting installation company, Floodlighting Limited.
Club chairman, Simon Grainger, believes the new lights will make the club more appealing to tennis players of all ages.
He said: “We were delighted to secure the grant, which will enable us to engage more people of all ages and abilities in the great sport of tennis. The lights will enable tennis to be played during the darker winter months and has further upgraded the features of our club for the benefit of our local community.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club, call 01354 695014 or visit www.chatteristennis.com.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide