Chatteris tennis aces see the light thanks to almost £24,000 worth of Sport England funding
- Credit: Archant
A Chatteris club is looking to light up the world of Tennis after receiving a set of new floodlights thanks to a cash injection from Sport England.
Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club, on New Road, installed the new lights on the two hard courts at the club after it was awarded £23,944 from Sport England’s Inspired Facilities Olympic and Paralympic Fund, which offered grants to sports clubs around the country to celebrate its link to the games.
After a lengthy application process, the club was awarded the funding, and work was carried out over the autumn by leading sport lighting installation company, Floodlighting Limited.
Club chairman, Simon Grainger, believes the new lights will make the club more appealing to tennis players of all ages.
He said: “We were delighted to secure the grant, which will enable us to engage more people of all ages and abilities in the great sport of tennis. The lights will enable tennis to be played during the darker winter months and has further upgraded the features of our club for the benefit of our local community.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club, call 01354 695014 or visit www.chatteristennis.com.
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 6 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 7 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 8 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 9 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 10 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan