Tennis club continues post-lockdown return with thrilling draw
- Credit: Chatteris Tennis Club
A tennis club has continued its post-lockdown return on the court after their latest result.
Chatteris Tennis Club men’s 3 team hosted Ely men’s 3 at their St Peters Drive home, which finished in a draw.
It was a competitive game throughout, with Ely winning two of their sets on tiebreaks against a Chatteris team featuring Steve Tuffin, Aaron Marsh, Francis Antonio and Matt Sizer.
During lockdown, the club installed new floodlights on two of its courts thanks to club funds, the Healthy Fenland Fund and the Lawn Tennis Association as demand soared from reopening on March 29.
A spokesperson for Chatteris Tennis Club said: “The club is now back in full swing again, with plenty of opportunity to play during the week on their 4=four floodlit hard courts.
You may also want to watch:
“Coaching, social play, club nights and competitive league tennis are all available.”
For more information on Chatteris Tennis Club and to join, call 01354 695014 or visit: https://www.chatteristennis.com/.
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 4 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 7 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits