Tennis club ‘inspired’ by Emma Raducanu’s US open win
- Credit: Chatteris Tennis Club
A tennis club is preparing for a surge of interest among a new generation of youngsters.
Chatteris Tennis Club believes individuals will want to play tennis after seeing 18-year-old Emma Raducanu’s US Open win.
Raducanu is coached by Andrew Richardson, who visited Chatteris Tennis Club in 2017 as part of a fundraising event for new facilities in its grounds.
Richardson lives in Bourne near Peterborough, and is a former professional tennis player.
He was very successful in doubles, winning five tournaments on the ATP Challenger Tour.
Chairman at Chatteris Tennis Club, Simon Grainger said: “In a small way, the club feels particularly delighted at Emma’s achievements having seen at first hand the passion and ability that her coach has for the game.
“Together with Emma, it’s proved to be an unstoppable partnership.”
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 9 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
“We have a number of girls at our club, but we do want to attract more.”
Contact the club on 01354 695014.