Tennis club ‘inspired’ by Emma Raducanu’s US open win
- Credit: Chatteris Tennis Club
A tennis club is preparing for a surge of interest among a new generation of youngsters.
Chatteris Tennis Club believes individuals will want to play tennis after seeing 18-year-old Emma Raducanu’s US Open win.
Raducanu is coached by Andrew Richardson, who visited Chatteris Tennis Club in 2017 as part of a fundraising event for new facilities in its grounds.
Richardson lives in Bourne near Peterborough, and is a former professional tennis player.
He was very successful in doubles, winning five tournaments on the ATP Challenger Tour.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman at Chatteris Tennis Club, Simon Grainger said: “In a small way, the club feels particularly delighted at Emma’s achievements having seen at first hand the passion and ability that her coach has for the game.
“Together with Emma, it’s proved to be an unstoppable partnership.”
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 4 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 5 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 6 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 7 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 8 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 9 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 10 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
“We have a number of girls at our club, but we do want to attract more.”
Contact the club on 01354 695014.