Chatteris Town 3 - 0 Fulbourn Institute
- Credit: Archant
BOSS Steve Bright hailed his relegation threatened side after they produced an impressive performance to beat high flying Folbourn Institute 3-0.
Ben Matthews scored twice and Jack Saunders hit a spectacular long range strike to secure Chatteris Town a crucial win over a side 11 places above them in the Cambs League Premier Division.
The win keeps them in 16th place, five points behind Waterbeach, with three games of their season remaining.
Steve Bright said: “We always seem to play better against the best teams.
“It was a really good team performance and a valuable three points.
You may also want to watch:
“They huffed and puffed but didn’t really create good chances.
“The win was no more than we deserved. In the past month we have been playing well and this result gives us a fighting chance of survival.”
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 6 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
The first goal came after Stuart Porter made a powerful run and whipped a dangerous ball into the box, which the Folbourn goalkeeper could not handle.
Matthers reacted quickest and pounced to put Chatteris ahead.
His second goal was more eye-catching, He cut across several defenders before curling a low effort past the keeper.
Saunders third will live long in the memory, a tremendous shot that nestled in the top corner.
Chatteris are next in action tomorrow away at Littleport Town.