Chatteris Town boss Ashley Taylor determined to begin 2017 in winning style
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Town boss Ashley Taylor is hoping his side will not begin 2017 in the same way they started 2016.
The Lilies were sent to one of only four defeats of their Kershaw Senior A campaign in their first match of 2016, and now, a year later and sitting in fourth in the Premier Division, Taylor wants his men to begin the year in winning fashion with success over local rivals Outwell Swifts tomorrow (2pm).
“Last year we started slowly after Christmas, so I’m determined for us not to do the same again,” he said.
“There’s definitely some added spice to the fixture but we have trained well over the festive period and it’s a game we’re very much looking forward to.”
Chatteris’ opponents Outwell enjoyed a successful end to the year – barring defeats to Linton Granta and Eaton Socon – and boosted their chances of survival thanks to a run of four straight wins.
Chatteris sit nine places above the Swifts in the standings, but Taylor knows his men face a tricky test at West Street.
“We anticipate a tough game,” he said.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 7 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Man who died in A141 crash named
“Outwell’s form has improved and if you look at our point totals from the last six games we’re level on points.”
Tomorrow’s visit of Outwell is the first of a run of games against sides outside the top six for Chatteris.
Next weekend (14) the Lilies travel to basement boys Over Sports, before consecutive home games against eighth-place Brampton (21) and 11th-placed Linton Granta (January 28).