Chatteris Town boss Unwin delighted by reaction to cup semi-final defeat as side win two on the spin
CHATTERIS Town boss Jimmy Unwin has declared himself delighted with his side’s response to their cup semi-final penalty heartbreak.
The Lilies have beaten Hundon 5-1 and Great Shelford 2-1 since the thrilling Cliff Bullen Challenge Cup clash against Hardwick which ended 3-3 after extra-time.
Unwin said: “The reaction has been fantastic considering how demoralising the cup semi-final defeat was.
“I was a little bit fearful that it would derail our season but it hasn’t. The young lads have benefited from the experience and I still feel raw about it all because I keep thinking I may have made some mistakes on the day too.
“However, if you don’t learn from experiences like this you’ll never improve.”
You may also want to watch:
Chatteris’ match at Somersham Town on Saturday was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. The Lilies return to action at Littleport Town on Saturday.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 8 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 10 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure