Chatteris Town boss Unwin delighted by reaction to cup semi-final defeat as side win two on the spin
CHATTERIS Town boss Jimmy Unwin has declared himself delighted with his side’s response to their cup semi-final penalty heartbreak.
The Lilies have beaten Hundon 5-1 and Great Shelford 2-1 since the thrilling Cliff Bullen Challenge Cup clash against Hardwick which ended 3-3 after extra-time.
Unwin said: “The reaction has been fantastic considering how demoralising the cup semi-final defeat was.
“I was a little bit fearful that it would derail our season but it hasn’t. The young lads have benefited from the experience and I still feel raw about it all because I keep thinking I may have made some mistakes on the day too.
“However, if you don’t learn from experiences like this you’ll never improve.”
You may also want to watch:
Chatteris’ match at Somersham Town on Saturday was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. The Lilies return to action at Littleport Town on Saturday.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash