Chatteris Town boss Unwin delighted by reaction to cup semi-final defeat as side win two on the spin
CHATTERIS Town boss Jimmy Unwin has declared himself delighted with his side’s response to their cup semi-final penalty heartbreak.
The Lilies have beaten Hundon 5-1 and Great Shelford 2-1 since the thrilling Cliff Bullen Challenge Cup clash against Hardwick which ended 3-3 after extra-time.
Unwin said: “The reaction has been fantastic considering how demoralising the cup semi-final defeat was.
“I was a little bit fearful that it would derail our season but it hasn’t. The young lads have benefited from the experience and I still feel raw about it all because I keep thinking I may have made some mistakes on the day too.
“However, if you don’t learn from experiences like this you’ll never improve.”
You may also want to watch:
Chatteris’ match at Somersham Town on Saturday was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. The Lilies return to action at Littleport Town on Saturday.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s