Chatteris Town boss Unwin delighted by reaction to cup semi-final defeat as side win two on the spin
CHATTERIS Town boss Jimmy Unwin has declared himself delighted with his side’s response to their cup semi-final penalty heartbreak.
The Lilies have beaten Hundon 5-1 and Great Shelford 2-1 since the thrilling Cliff Bullen Challenge Cup clash against Hardwick which ended 3-3 after extra-time.
Unwin said: “The reaction has been fantastic considering how demoralising the cup semi-final defeat was.
“I was a little bit fearful that it would derail our season but it hasn’t. The young lads have benefited from the experience and I still feel raw about it all because I keep thinking I may have made some mistakes on the day too.
“However, if you don’t learn from experiences like this you’ll never improve.”
You may also want to watch:
Chatteris’ match at Somersham Town on Saturday was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. The Lilies return to action at Littleport Town on Saturday.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 9 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 10 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council