Chatteris Town deny sacking Steve Taylor as Julian Young takes over at West Street
CHATTERIS Town have today appointed Julian Young as caretaker manager and denied that former Lilies boss Steve Taylor was sacked.
In a statement released this lunchtime, the club said: “Chatteris Town FC would like to point out that Steve Taylor was not asked to leave.
“After a discussion regarding his comments in last week’s edition of the Cambs Times it was mutually agreed that Mr Taylor and the club should part company and we wish Mr Taylor all the best for the future.
“We would like to add that the club is not ‘on its knees’ - Julian Young is now caretaker manager of the first team.
“We would now like to put a line under this matter and no further comments will be made.”
You may also want to watch:
Taylor claimed yesterday that he was sacked during a talk with chairman Steve Bright at West Street on Saturday.
He said: “I didn’t want to go. I said I’d stick it out, take responsibility and try to get them out of trouble. It’s the first time I have ever been sacked and it feels a bit weird.”
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 5 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 6 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 7 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 10 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
Chatteris, who have not won in their last 14 games, are 16th in the Kershaw Premier League.
FOR MORE ON STEVE TAYLOR’S DEPARTURE FROM THE WEST STREET DUGOUT SEE FRIDAY’S CAMBS TIMES.