LOCAL FOOTBALL: Jordan hopes Chatteris Town can find some luck after fifth straight defeat

Chatteris Town manager, Lea Jordan. Photo: Chatteris Town FC

Chatteris Town manager, Lea Jordan. Photo: Chatteris Town FC - Credit: Archant

Chatteris Town boss Lea Jordan is hoping lady luck will finally smile on his side soon after the Lilies slipped to a fifth consecutive defeat on Saturday.

Gary Smith signed for March Town last Friday.

Gary Smith signed for March Town last Friday. - Credit: Archant

Jordan’s men went down 3-1 at Sawston United in the Kershaw Premier Division, and the Lilies chief admitted that his side just haven’t been getting the rub of the green in recent games.

“The result doesn’t show the game. In my opinion we were the better side,” he said.

“Their goalkeeper pulled off some good saves to keep them in the game.

“We do need a bit of luck as we haven’t had much of late but we can’t sit and dwell on it – we have to push ourselves and make that luck happen.”

Jordan also says the Lilies must be more clinical in front of goal – and says he may look to the transfer market in an attempt to get them firing again.

The Lilies have found the net just four times in their last five games and suffered another blow on Friday in the form of midfielder Gary Smith’s move to Fenland rivals March Town.

Most Read

“We are lacking fire power and it’s something me and Sean (McKay, assistant manager) know. It’s a main target we need to bring in,” he said.

“We play Sawston again at home on Saturday and with what’s going on lately I really hope we can get a good support and really get behind the lads to give us that extra push.”

Elsewhere, Chatteris’ reserves were also on the receiving end of a defeat, going down 4-2 to Fenstanton in the Mead Plant & Grab 1B.

David Turnbull and Matt Walshe netted as Chatteris were sent to their second straight league defeat.

In the Mead Plant & Grab 3B, Chatteris Town Fen Tigers lost to Burwell Swifts Reserves by the same scoreline and in the division below, Chatteris Town ‘A’ were beaten 3-1 by Coldham United.