LOCAL FOOTBALL: Out-of-sorts Chatteris Town turn to the transfer market
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Town boss Lea Jordan has turned to the transfer market in an attempt to reverse the Lilies’ poor fortunes.
Jordan has brought in goalkeeper Dan Smith from Wisbech St Mary and striker Shane Green from March Town in recent days.
Green made his debut on Saturday at Sawston but couldn’t prevent Chatteris from falling to a 3-0 defeat – their sixth straight defeat in all competitions.
“It’s a very frustrating time. Players have gone and moved and now so does the club,” Jordan said.
“They did the club proud but now we move on and get new players that want to push the club on and be part of the future.
You may also want to watch:
“Dan is a great young goalkeeper who wants to be a part of the long term look and I will help and guide him to the best I can.
“Shane is someone I have known a while now and he is coming in to be part of the squad. He knows it’s going to be tough and he needs to get fit but I’ll push him and see what he can offer.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
“It’s time to be stronger in my position as manager and bring players in that want to be a part of this club for the long run.”
Chatteris go to long-term rivals Lakenheath on Saturday afternoon (2pm). The two sides battled for a top four spot last season but since then have tumbled down the league standings, with Lakenheath in ninth and Chatteris sitting third-from-bottom.
Elsewhere, Chatteris’ reserves returned to form in fine goal-scoring style last weekend.
They hammered Littleport Town 5-1 in the Kershaw Senior A Division, with goals coming from Will Grant, Liam Birch, Matt Walshe and a double from Dave Turnbull.
Littleport will have the chance for revenge this Saturday in the reverse fixture.