Chessor claims trophy hat-trick at Fenland Running Club presentation night
MEMBERS of Fenland Running Club show off their silverware after celebrating a successful season at their presentation night.
Club chairman Maire Irlam addressed the runners before Greg Tagney presented the awards at Leverington Sports and Social Club.
Lucy Chessor claimed a magnificent trophy hat-trick by picking up the first female, club champion and most improved runner prizes.
Scott Bywater won the first male award, with Gary Bligh named as the best new member.
Jack Trow took the Round Norfolk Relay award, Robbie Howlett claimed the Geoff Tye award and Paul Denwood picked up the Hayden Practice trophy.
Justin Kinsey won the 5K award while Paul Arnold picked up the marathon prize.
Dean Powley was the summer champion and John Chapman and Ann Trett were given special awards for marathon run achievements.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 8 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
Greg presented a special trophy, sponsored by the Rose Tavern, to Julie Garner and John Chapman, who were the male and female winners of the Jane Tagney Memorial Mile.