Chessor claims trophy hat-trick at Fenland Running Club presentation night
MEMBERS of Fenland Running Club show off their silverware after celebrating a successful season at their presentation night.
Club chairman Maire Irlam addressed the runners before Greg Tagney presented the awards at Leverington Sports and Social Club.
Lucy Chessor claimed a magnificent trophy hat-trick by picking up the first female, club champion and most improved runner prizes.
Scott Bywater won the first male award, with Gary Bligh named as the best new member.
Jack Trow took the Round Norfolk Relay award, Robbie Howlett claimed the Geoff Tye award and Paul Denwood picked up the Hayden Practice trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Justin Kinsey won the 5K award while Paul Arnold picked up the marathon prize.
Dean Powley was the summer champion and John Chapman and Ann Trett were given special awards for marathon run achievements.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 4 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
Greg presented a special trophy, sponsored by the Rose Tavern, to Julie Garner and John Chapman, who were the male and female winners of the Jane Tagney Memorial Mile.