Chris Bacon thanks Wisbech Town Football Club for two “memorable” seasons as he joins Cambridge City
- Credit: Archant
TALISMANIC striker Chris Bacon has paid tribute to Wisbech Town Football Club after signing for Cambridge City.
The hot-shot striker, who netted 31 times last season, posted a message on the club forum thanking the club and its fans for their support during his two prolific years at Elgood’s Fenland Stadium.
He said: “I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone involved with Wisbech Town FC.
“I’ve had a very memorable two seasons with the club; I’ve managed to make some good friends, both on the pitch and off it and thoroughly enjoyed myself playing here.
“The supporters have been great, along with everyone behind the scenes. I can’t praise and thank you enough.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully I should be moving abroad in the near future. In the meantime, I want to take the opportunity to play at the highest level that I can achieve.
“I’d like to thank Apps for showing faith in me and giving me an opportunity here. I have nothing but praise and respect for him and everyone else at the club.”
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 4 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 5 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 6 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 7 Man who died in road crash is named
- 8 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
Manager Steve Appleby paid tribute to his former striker.
He said: “His contribution has been massive. Nearly 70 goals in two seasons is remarkable. He is almost irreplacable.
“He is a magnificent player and person and I wish him good luck for the future.”