Chris Bacon thanks Wisbech Town Football Club for two “memorable” seasons as he joins Cambridge City
- Credit: Archant
TALISMANIC striker Chris Bacon has paid tribute to Wisbech Town Football Club after signing for Cambridge City.
The hot-shot striker, who netted 31 times last season, posted a message on the club forum thanking the club and its fans for their support during his two prolific years at Elgood’s Fenland Stadium.
He said: “I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone involved with Wisbech Town FC.
“I’ve had a very memorable two seasons with the club; I’ve managed to make some good friends, both on the pitch and off it and thoroughly enjoyed myself playing here.
“The supporters have been great, along with everyone behind the scenes. I can’t praise and thank you enough.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully I should be moving abroad in the near future. In the meantime, I want to take the opportunity to play at the highest level that I can achieve.
“I’d like to thank Apps for showing faith in me and giving me an opportunity here. I have nothing but praise and respect for him and everyone else at the club.”
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 3 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 7 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 8 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
Manager Steve Appleby paid tribute to his former striker.
He said: “His contribution has been massive. Nearly 70 goals in two seasons is remarkable. He is almost irreplacable.
“He is a magnificent player and person and I wish him good luck for the future.”