Classy Cambridge United XI beat March Town United in 125th anniversary friendly
FRIENDLY: March Town United 0 Cambridge United XI 4
A CAMBRIDGE United XI put on a footballing masterclass as they beat March Town United 4-0 in a friendly to celebrate the Hares’ 125th anniversary last night.
The U’s - who play in the Blue Square Premier, five leagues higher than March in the non-league ladder - made comfortable work of a spirited Hares’ outfit.
First-team striker Adam Marriott scored two penalties either side of half-time with CRC players Bobby Joe-Taylor and Ryan Ingrey netting late-on to secure their win.
March’s on-loan ‘keeper Lewis Moat was in sensational form making a string of fine saves to prevent Jez George’s team from racking up a cricket score.
You may also want to watch:
• For more from March’s 125th anniversary celebrations see Friday’s Cambs Times.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 3 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 7 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 8 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response