Classy Cambridge United XI beat March Town United in 125th anniversary friendly
FRIENDLY: March Town United 0 Cambridge United XI 4
A CAMBRIDGE United XI put on a footballing masterclass as they beat March Town United 4-0 in a friendly to celebrate the Hares’ 125th anniversary last night.
The U’s - who play in the Blue Square Premier, five leagues higher than March in the non-league ladder - made comfortable work of a spirited Hares’ outfit.
First-team striker Adam Marriott scored two penalties either side of half-time with CRC players Bobby Joe-Taylor and Ryan Ingrey netting late-on to secure their win.
March’s on-loan ‘keeper Lewis Moat was in sensational form making a string of fine saves to prevent Jez George’s team from racking up a cricket score.
You may also want to watch:
• For more from March’s 125th anniversary celebrations see Friday’s Cambs Times.
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 6 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 7 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 8 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 9 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 10 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan