Classy midfielder Steven Reid leaves Chatteris Town to join Wisbech Town
CLASSY midfielder Steven Reid has left Chatteris Town to join Wisbech Town.
Reid, 23, has impressed Fenmen boss Steve Appleby since training with the Ridgeons Premier Division side during pre-season and shone during the club’s 1-1 draw with Soham Town Rangers on Saturday.
Reid becomes Appleby’s fifth signing of a busy summer and joins Nick Davey, Simon Ashton, Liam Nimmo and Neal Spafford in signing for the Ridgeons League Challenge Cup winners.
The 23-year-old has jumped two steps up the non-league ladder to join Wisbech - who play at Step 5 of the pyramid.
Reid was a youth team player with Chatteris, Littleport and Ely before returning to the Lilies and helping them win the Cambs Senior A League title in 2009/10.
You may also want to watch:
He helped Chatteris to a seventh-placed finish in the Kershaw Premier Division last season but was controversially left out of the league’s select side despite being described by many as one of the league’s best players.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 7 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 8 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Residents make most of lockdown easing as Christmas comes early