Classy midfielder Steven Reid leaves Chatteris Town to join Wisbech Town
CLASSY midfielder Steven Reid has left Chatteris Town to join Wisbech Town.
Reid, 23, has impressed Fenmen boss Steve Appleby since training with the Ridgeons Premier Division side during pre-season and shone during the club’s 1-1 draw with Soham Town Rangers on Saturday.
Reid becomes Appleby’s fifth signing of a busy summer and joins Nick Davey, Simon Ashton, Liam Nimmo and Neal Spafford in signing for the Ridgeons League Challenge Cup winners.
The 23-year-old has jumped two steps up the non-league ladder to join Wisbech - who play at Step 5 of the pyramid.
Reid was a youth team player with Chatteris, Littleport and Ely before returning to the Lilies and helping them win the Cambs Senior A League title in 2009/10.
You may also want to watch:
He helped Chatteris to a seventh-placed finish in the Kershaw Premier Division last season but was controversially left out of the league’s select side despite being described by many as one of the league’s best players.
- 1 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 2 Long-serving work couple leaving Fens for Nigeria to build care home
- 3 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 6 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 7 Primary school joins laureate's £100m-a-year bid to boost libraries
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely
- 10 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region