Classy midfielder Steven Reid leaves Chatteris Town to join Wisbech Town
CLASSY midfielder Steven Reid has left Chatteris Town to join Wisbech Town.
Reid, 23, has impressed Fenmen boss Steve Appleby since training with the Ridgeons Premier Division side during pre-season and shone during the club’s 1-1 draw with Soham Town Rangers on Saturday.
Reid becomes Appleby’s fifth signing of a busy summer and joins Nick Davey, Simon Ashton, Liam Nimmo and Neal Spafford in signing for the Ridgeons League Challenge Cup winners.
The 23-year-old has jumped two steps up the non-league ladder to join Wisbech - who play at Step 5 of the pyramid.
Reid was a youth team player with Chatteris, Littleport and Ely before returning to the Lilies and helping them win the Cambs Senior A League title in 2009/10.
You may also want to watch:
He helped Chatteris to a seventh-placed finish in the Kershaw Premier Division last season but was controversially left out of the league’s select side despite being described by many as one of the league’s best players.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 7 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land