Clay target shooting
Wilburton s Jim Rutterford was the high gun in Fenland Gun Club s President s Trophy shoot on Sunday. His winning score of 44 ex 50 put him two shots ahead of joint runners-up, Doddington s Edgar Davies and Mark Bridgement, from March. Third place was sha
Wilburton's Jim Rutterford was the high gun in Fenland Gun Club's President's Trophy shoot on Sunday.
His winning score of 44 ex 50 put him two shots ahead of joint runners-up, Doddington's Edgar Davies and Mark Bridgement, from March.
Third place was shared by John Shotbolt, of Ramsey, and Chatteris' John Deighton who both scored 41 ex 50.
The 'A' class winner was March's Paul Plitsch with a score of 30 ex 50 and Gordon Plitsch, also from March, was the 'B/C' class winner on 36 ex 50.
Honours were shared in the 25 target skeet competition where two Guyhirn marksmen, Dave Beaumont and Malcolm Thompson, tied with Eastrea's Adrian Slack on 23 ex 25.
March's Mark Bridgement won the down the line competition with a perfect 25 ex 25, four shots ahead of Edgar Davies.
- 1 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 2 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 5 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 10 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
The next shoot at Washbrooke Farm, Doddington will be from 10.30am on May 28. All are welcome.