Clay target shooting
Wilburton s Jim Rutterford was the high gun in Fenland Gun Club s President s Trophy shoot on Sunday. His winning score of 44 ex 50 put him two shots ahead of joint runners-up, Doddington s Edgar Davies and Mark Bridgement, from March. Third place was sha
Wilburton's Jim Rutterford was the high gun in Fenland Gun Club's President's Trophy shoot on Sunday.
His winning score of 44 ex 50 put him two shots ahead of joint runners-up, Doddington's Edgar Davies and Mark Bridgement, from March.
Third place was shared by John Shotbolt, of Ramsey, and Chatteris' John Deighton who both scored 41 ex 50.
The 'A' class winner was March's Paul Plitsch with a score of 30 ex 50 and Gordon Plitsch, also from March, was the 'B/C' class winner on 36 ex 50.
You may also want to watch:
Honours were shared in the 25 target skeet competition where two Guyhirn marksmen, Dave Beaumont and Malcolm Thompson, tied with Eastrea's Adrian Slack on 23 ex 25.
March's Mark Bridgement won the down the line competition with a perfect 25 ex 25, four shots ahead of Edgar Davies.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 3 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 9 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Cash machine grabbed in East Cambs ram raid
The next shoot at Washbrooke Farm, Doddington will be from 10.30am on May 28. All are welcome.