Clay target shooting
Wilburton s Jim Rutterford was the high gun in Fenland Gun Club s President s Trophy shoot on Sunday. His winning score of 44 ex 50 put him two shots ahead of joint runners-up, Doddington s Edgar Davies and Mark Bridgement, from March. Third place was sha
Wilburton's Jim Rutterford was the high gun in Fenland Gun Club's President's Trophy shoot on Sunday.
His winning score of 44 ex 50 put him two shots ahead of joint runners-up, Doddington's Edgar Davies and Mark Bridgement, from March.
Third place was shared by John Shotbolt, of Ramsey, and Chatteris' John Deighton who both scored 41 ex 50.
The 'A' class winner was March's Paul Plitsch with a score of 30 ex 50 and Gordon Plitsch, also from March, was the 'B/C' class winner on 36 ex 50.
You may also want to watch:
Honours were shared in the 25 target skeet competition where two Guyhirn marksmen, Dave Beaumont and Malcolm Thompson, tied with Eastrea's Adrian Slack on 23 ex 25.
March's Mark Bridgement won the down the line competition with a perfect 25 ex 25, four shots ahead of Edgar Davies.
- 1 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 2 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 3 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 4 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 5 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 6 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 9 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
The next shoot at Washbrooke Farm, Doddington will be from 10.30am on May 28. All are welcome.