Clay target shooting
Wilburton s Jim Rutterford was the high gun in Fenland Gun Club s President s Trophy shoot on Sunday. His winning score of 44 ex 50 put him two shots ahead of joint runners-up, Doddington s Edgar Davies and Mark Bridgement, from March. Third place was sha
Wilburton's Jim Rutterford was the high gun in Fenland Gun Club's President's Trophy shoot on Sunday.
His winning score of 44 ex 50 put him two shots ahead of joint runners-up, Doddington's Edgar Davies and Mark Bridgement, from March.
Third place was shared by John Shotbolt, of Ramsey, and Chatteris' John Deighton who both scored 41 ex 50.
The 'A' class winner was March's Paul Plitsch with a score of 30 ex 50 and Gordon Plitsch, also from March, was the 'B/C' class winner on 36 ex 50.
You may also want to watch:
Honours were shared in the 25 target skeet competition where two Guyhirn marksmen, Dave Beaumont and Malcolm Thompson, tied with Eastrea's Adrian Slack on 23 ex 25.
March's Mark Bridgement won the down the line competition with a perfect 25 ex 25, four shots ahead of Edgar Davies.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 4 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
The next shoot at Washbrooke Farm, Doddington will be from 10.30am on May 28. All are welcome.