Clay target shooting
Wilburton s Jim Rutterford was the high gun in Fenland Gun Club s President s Trophy shoot on Sunday. His winning score of 44 ex 50 put him two shots ahead of joint runners-up, Doddington s Edgar Davies and Mark Bridgement, from March. Third place was sha
Wilburton's Jim Rutterford was the high gun in Fenland Gun Club's President's Trophy shoot on Sunday.
His winning score of 44 ex 50 put him two shots ahead of joint runners-up, Doddington's Edgar Davies and Mark Bridgement, from March.
Third place was shared by John Shotbolt, of Ramsey, and Chatteris' John Deighton who both scored 41 ex 50.
The 'A' class winner was March's Paul Plitsch with a score of 30 ex 50 and Gordon Plitsch, also from March, was the 'B/C' class winner on 36 ex 50.
Honours were shared in the 25 target skeet competition where two Guyhirn marksmen, Dave Beaumont and Malcolm Thompson, tied with Eastrea's Adrian Slack on 23 ex 25.
March's Mark Bridgement won the down the line competition with a perfect 25 ex 25, four shots ahead of Edgar Davies.
- 1 Three March locals win £30k each on Postcode Lottery
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Man assaulted partner and police officers in March
- 4 Carnival lights up village as sports day marks 100 years
- 5 Police officer dismissed for breaching bail conditions
- 6 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 7 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 8 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 9 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 10 Man repeatedly stabbed nine-year-old boy in 'random attack'
The next shoot at Washbrooke Farm, Doddington will be from 10.30am on May 28. All are welcome.