Clay target shooting: Beaumont keep victory in sights
Dave Beaumont, from Guyhirn, won Fenland Gun Club s Veteran s Sporting Trophy competition on Sunday. His score of 37 ex 50 put him ahead of Dave Wallis, from Walpole Highway. March s Mark Bridgement won the Frenchies Single Barrel Down the Line competitio
Dave Beaumont, from Guyhirn, won Fenland Gun Club's Veteran's Sporting Trophy competition on Sunday.
His score of 37 ex 50 put him ahead of Dave Wallis, from Walpole Highway.
March's Mark Bridgement won the Frenchies Single Barrel Down the Line competition with a score of 46 ex 50. Robert Albert, also from March, was second with 39 ex 50 and Wilburton's Jim Rutterford finished third with 38 ex 50.
Edgar Davies, from Doddington, and Mick French, of March, tied when they scored 41 ex 50 in the 50 target sporting competition.
You may also want to watch:
Colin Brooks, of March, shot 24 ex 25 to win the skeet competition. Vic Eldridge, of Wisbech, Chatteris' Richard Watkinson and Mark Bridgement all shot 22 ex 25.
The next shoot at Washbrooke Farm, Doddington, will be at 10.30am on July 7.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s