Clay target shooting: Duo share first place at gun club
Fifteen-year-old Jake Wenman from Doddington was the joint winner of Sunday s 50-target competition at Fenland Gun Club, Washbrooke Farm. Eastrea s Adrian Slack shared the honours with a score of 42 ex 50 and Jake s father Tom missed his last target to ta
Fifteen-year-old Jake Wenman from Doddington was the joint winner of Sunday's 50-target competition at Fenland Gun Club, Washbrooke Farm.
Eastrea's Adrian Slack shared the honours with a score of 42 ex 50 and Jake's father Tom missed his last target to take third place with 41 ex 50.
Mark Bridgement, of March, holds a slight advantage in the first legs of the side-by-side sporting and the skeet trophies.
Bridgement's score of 39 ex 50 in the sporting puts him four shots ahead of fellow March marksman Robert Albert, while a score of 21 ex 25 in the skeet puts Bridgement one shot ahead of Albert and Doddington's Edgar Davies.
Sunday's skeet competition was won by Vic Eldridge, of Wisbech, and March's Allan Wright, who both shot perfect scores of 25 ex 25. Mark Bridgement won the down- the-line competition with 24/71 ex 25/75.
The club's next shoot is on February 19 at 10.30am.
- 1 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 2 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 5 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 6 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 9 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 10 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge