Clay target shooting: Duo share first place at gun club
Fifteen-year-old Jake Wenman from Doddington was the joint winner of Sunday s 50-target competition at Fenland Gun Club, Washbrooke Farm. Eastrea s Adrian Slack shared the honours with a score of 42 ex 50 and Jake s father Tom missed his last target to ta
Fifteen-year-old Jake Wenman from Doddington was the joint winner of Sunday's 50-target competition at Fenland Gun Club, Washbrooke Farm.
Eastrea's Adrian Slack shared the honours with a score of 42 ex 50 and Jake's father Tom missed his last target to take third place with 41 ex 50.
Mark Bridgement, of March, holds a slight advantage in the first legs of the side-by-side sporting and the skeet trophies.
Bridgement's score of 39 ex 50 in the sporting puts him four shots ahead of fellow March marksman Robert Albert, while a score of 21 ex 25 in the skeet puts Bridgement one shot ahead of Albert and Doddington's Edgar Davies.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday's skeet competition was won by Vic Eldridge, of Wisbech, and March's Allan Wright, who both shot perfect scores of 25 ex 25. Mark Bridgement won the down- the-line competition with 24/71 ex 25/75.
The club's next shoot is on February 19 at 10.30am.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 3 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 9 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Cash machine grabbed in East Cambs ram raid