Clay target shooting - French collection proves decisive
Fenland Gun Club s main competition on Sunday was the Secretary s Cup, shot over 25 pro trap targets, and it was Mick French, from March, who took the honours. French scored 21 ex 25, one shot ahead of Edgar Davies, of Doddington, and two ahead of Eastrea
Fenland Gun Club's main competition on Sunday was the Secretary's Cup, shot over 25 pro trap targets, and it was Mick French, from March, who took the honours.
French scored 21 ex 25, one shot ahead of Edgar Davies, of Doddington, and two ahead of Eastrea's Adrian Slack.
Richard Watkinson, from Chatteris, was the winner of the 50-target sporting competition, with an impressive score of 44 ex 50. Adrian Slack and Robert Albert, of March, and Tom Wenman, from Doddington, were the runners-up with 42, one shot ahead of Chatteris' John Deighton and March's Mark Bridgement.
The next shoot at Washbrooke Farm, Doddington, will be on May 14 from 10.30am.
You may also want to watch:
Results: AA - R Watkinson 44, R Albert 42, A Slack 42, M Bridgement 41, J Deighton 41. A - T Wenman 42, Derrick Vout (Prickwillow) 40, Chris Bunn (March) 38. B/C - D Chapman 38, Neil Anderson (St Ives) 38, Paul Boon 36 (Whittlesey) 36. Colt - Jake Wenman (Doddington) 36.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 3 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 10 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards